[Search] Search by Writer / Producer

I only found out today that it's possible to search Spotify according to record label, using this sort of search term:

label:"rough trade"

It would be amazing if you could do the same for writers and producers, like this:

writer:"justin tranter"

Or this:

producer:"stuart price"

Here are four reasons this would be good.

1. For casual Spotify users it might help with discovery of new (and old) music.

2. For more advanced Spotify users it would help compile great playlists.

3. For writers and producers, they'd know their work was being recognised and valued.

4. For Spotify, point 3 might slightly reduce the number of writers and producers moaning about streaming, and would show that the service values everyone in the creative process. So at the very least it would be good PR.

(I'd also like to be able to find out writers and producers by right-clicking on a song - it'd be incredible if there was a 'Go to writer' or 'Go to producer' along with 'Go to artist' and 'Go to album'.)

I'm posting this here because I asked @SpotifyCares on Twitter and they said I should.

THANKS!

Updated: 2017-02-14

Hey @popjustice thank you for bringing this idea to our Community. Right now we don't have plans for this so we're marking this as 'Not Right Now'. As this grows we'll continue to bring it to our teams behind Search and we'll let you know as soon as we have an update. Thank you!

Comments
bookwormboy

I love this idea - would make the creation of my Jimmy Jam and Lewis playlist a lot easier!!

ryanbassil

please make this dream a reality, spotify.

Lucyb1992

Producer: "MAX MARTIN"

user-removed
Not applicable

Amazing! I often want to search for music by writer to discover new songs or tracks I forgot and I end up searching on wikipedia and then creating playlists and that takes time and it's not much fun :(

joshsmiith

what,, a lovely idea

Guitintel

writer: "Sia Furler". AMAZING.

NikkLombardo95

It would be perfect and it would give the right value to songwriters and producers.

necroprawn

Yes please!!! :D :D :D

DJSolidSnake

This is a fantastic idea!!

marknyc

This is a brilliant idea.