Announcements

[Search] Search for Episodes Within a Podcast Show

Allow users to search for an epidose within a specific podcast show only, similar to searching for a song within a playlist. 

Updated on 2020-08-27

Hey there, thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange! I’ve marked this as a new idea and edited the title slightly to make it easier to find via search. This idea is a repost of this inactive idea.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here 🙂

Comments
acnicolet

I came to Spotify podcasts because of Joe Rogan. However, not being able to search the library of his 100s of podcasts is a huge issue for me. A real deal breaker really. 

Jon358
Casual Listener

How is this still not in Spotify???

Brampan

First I thought that Spotify wanted Joe Rogan to get more listeners. Now I believe that all they want is for him not-to-talk on any other paltform. I've gone on to other podcasts, not on spotify.

eXopto
Casual Listener

I love Spotify, but user-friendly it is not. Like this - why is this even a suggestion for development? It should just be a feature from the get-go. Been using Spotify for a decade or so, and while great for discovering new music, and saved me from pirating music, it is really poor at developing functionality (like giving me better control over my library, for one).

adamdotcruz

Oh boy, I have no idea how this isn't already a function. Countless times I've wanted to look for a specific episode or topic under one podcast and I think I'm crazy because I KNOW the option is somewhere and I'm just not seeing it.

Apparently not. I ran into this petition because I was Googling how to find it 🙂

Please add this today.

Thanks for all you do. 

jay-ruth
Visitor

I can't seem to vote so I'm just commenting to say YES please this is such a necessary feature. 

matt16060936
Regular

Someone earlier in this thread said that Spotify won't even consider a change unless it hit "100 Kudos". Unfortunately it's really 500 Kudos (see the link "More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here" at the top)... Incredibly frustrating. The only reason this "forum" exists is to give people a place to vent, keep their money rolling in for a little while longer.

Brampan
500 or even 5000 should not be a problem really, if people could find this
thread I think it would take off. Maybe it's a bit of a hassle for most
people to formulate the issue, do a internet search and eventually end up
here is a bit of long stretch.
Sharing the link helps. And your comment helps. So thank you.
Allisone
Casual Listener

I can't believe they would pay Joe Rogan 100 million dollars to bring his massive, long running podcast with years of famous guests exclusively to Spotify, and overlook this RIDICULOUSLY obvious feature... Asinine!

Doesn't surprise me honestly though, considering Spotify still can't figure out how to keep songs in my playlists when the artists change licensing rights or metadata. I've probably lost hundreds of songs from my collection at this point but of course there's nothing I can do and Spotify obviously doesn't care about reliability and the integrity of their user's music libraries.

I've never been so frustrated with a single company. Not kidding. My music collection is like a child to me. Imagine if your kid's left ear went missing all of a sudden and there was nothing you could do.

If this doesn't get resolved I will eventually go to the press about this. I hope you're listening Spotify!

Related Ideas