Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Search] Search by BPM (Beats per Minute)

Hi All,

As someone who loves punishing my body by going for long runs,  a good playlist to keep me company is essential!

Picking out and discovering which 'choons' are going to speed me up and push me further can be tricky.

One trick used by many runners is to search out and find songs which all have a similar number of beats per minute so they can place them in order and then use the beat of the song to run to.

As such, it would be awesome to be able to search Spotify for songs which have specific ranges of BPM and then pick the cool [subjective] ones for inclusion in your playlists.

Cheers!

Updated on 2018-08-23

Hi everyone!

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

While we don't have plans for Search by BPM right now, we're marking this as a 'Good Idea'.

Please know your feedback is reaching the internal teams at Spotify, and they're aware of the votes around this idea.

We'll continue to check out the feedback here too.

If there are any updates, we'll let you know.

Thanks!

Comments
folke1

oh yearh.. PLEASE PlEASE pleeeeeeeeaaase!

djmercer

Add me to the list of those who want this feature!

americawentz

I feel like this is a great idea! Awesome!

digdoug

I would like to see this feature implemented. The Spotify Running feature follows your running cadence, but that's not what I need. I want to set a cadence and have the music sustain that cadence for me. Preferably I could search for music at 182bpm or 91bpm and choose from that list. A 10bpm range is the difference between a 8:45 mile and a 9:23 mile. 

chaffy

Hopefully this idea hasn't been killed off.  Seeing the bpm of a track would be very usfeul.  Include the ability to search via bpm and genre together would be great too.

tlbowers3

I am a Group Fitness Instructor/Director and like to make my own lists, instead of buying the music from fitness instructor databases (sounds a little cheesy and lots of instructors end up using same music, ugh!). I encourage my staff to be creative with their music, it can be hard when you are forced in to buying a pre-made list. Kickboxing is best at 148-150 bpm, cardiosculpt classes are best at 136-140, cycle instructors like to vary the speed depending if they are sprinting, climbing, etc. Being able to choose songs and make lists based on the BPM is a complete game-changer for Fitness Professionals. Please Spotify! Hook us up! I'd pay extra for it!

stefanbodensee

This is really ridiculous - Spotify does not do anything on this since years and completely ignores the ongoing wishes and requests of the customers. Creating a filter 'sort by BPM' seems to be an impossible project for one of the main streaming service providers in the world - although severall other filters are available without any problems. I still have to find out what the real reason for this ongoing ignorance is ....

Ninjadave

I love this idea for DJing also!  I need to search similar BPM tracks to add in the mix!

stefanbodensee

It is all for nothing - Spotify is aware of the customer asking for this since ages - nothing happens. I suppose they do not want to do it due to some restrictions or whatever - or they are afraid it is used for professional DJing. Or, to say it simple: they ignore the permanent request for a filter by BPMs ...

folke1

Could it be trouble finding a suitable partner for deep wave analysis to go with...? Or do they (Spotify) have the required skills to do that on their own and expand the Music index with it..(?)

Maybe they're just not able 😕