Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Discover] Find public Playlists that contain Song/Artist

My theory (not rocket science):

If someone else's playlist includes a song or artists that I like, there is a good change that I will enjoy the rest of their playlist. 

Currently, you can only search for public playlists via playlist name.  Considering that most people do not name their playlists to accurately reflect the type of music it contains, I believe that the current search functionality is quite limited. 

Spotify should have functionality to search for public playlists that contain a song/artist.  I think would be immensly helpful for music discovery.  

Best of luck, 

Ryan

P.S. - Down the line, it would be interesting to see "similarity scores" between two playlists.  Could be quite interesting for finding new music.  

Updated on 2019-10-31

Hey folks.

Thanks again for all your votes and comments.
We're still keeping an eye on this idea, but at this time we don't have an update.

Comments
MaxFrost

This feature would be especially useful for the search bar in "playlists." Then, I would know which playlists I've already added a certain song to; if I haven't added a song to one of my playlists, I would then do that so it plays without me having to remember it.

Technically, I could go through every one of my playlists and look to see if I've already added the song to any of them, but I want to do this with many songs; that would be incredibly tedious.

bzero
I disagree with that MaxFrist.
This feature request is NOT to check whether a song has been stored in one
of our playlists.
It is to lookup playlists that contain a certain song, nothing else.
Don't make it more complex, otherwise Spotify has a reason more to postpone
it...
bzero

I disagree with that @MaxFrost

This feature request is NOT to check whether a song has been stored in one of your playlists.
It is to lookup playlists that contain a certain song, nothing else (It can be that your own playlists show up too, but it's not a must if there too many playlists containing it).
Don't make it more complex, otherwise Spotify has a reason more to postpone it...
digitek

It's quite frustrating that it's been 5 years since this very valuable request was filed and still no plans to add it.  As others have suggested the initial proposal is very very simple.  An option on a track (similar to all the other ... options today) that finds playlists containing it, sorted by number of followers if possible.  This would open up a huge amount of music across the community that are alrady taking the time to create solid playlists.

Radio by the way could then do a better job of leveraging this feature as well!  Please do this!

FreddeBM

Howsabout putting this in the pipeline? 

Flipperkast

Should be this hard to make a search function that gives you playlists based on multiple tracks????

mforber

This is a must have!!!  Really this would increase how frequently I use Spotify without a doubt because of the ability to collect great playlists that exist with songs that I like (in sure I'm. It the only one). I'm confused as to why this wouldn't be on the roadmap. Seems like common sense and would be a differentiator. 

wasseng

Google brought me here since I searched for what I for sure thought was a feature that already existed...since it apparently isn't the case this idea has my wote! Would be much appreciated.

Edit: On second thought, it might not work. Sure it'll find several playlists, but I guess it'll find to many, so how to choose wich one to show to the person searching, order by popularity, followers? My guess would be that those playlists are large and contain to many tracks. My point is it wouldn't be any good for finding related tracks. It would find playlists that contain +1000 tracks...

jim_n_juice

I'm a premium user and would really like to see this feature implemented

bzero

I'm premium user since multiple years. Everyday I wished this feature would exist... PLLEEEEEASSE!!!!!