Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Discover] Find public Playlists that contain Song/Artist

My theory (not rocket science):

If someone else's playlist includes a song or artists that I like, there is a good change that I will enjoy the rest of their playlist. 

Currently, you can only search for public playlists via playlist name.  Considering that most people do not name their playlists to accurately reflect the type of music it contains, I believe that the current search functionality is quite limited. 

Spotify should have functionality to search for public playlists that contain a song/artist.  I think would be immensly helpful for music discovery.  

Best of luck, 

Ryan

P.S. - Down the line, it would be interesting to see "similarity scores" between two playlists.  Could be quite interesting for finding new music.  

Updated on 2019-10-31

Hey folks.

Thanks again for all your votes and comments.
We're still keeping an eye on this idea, but at this time we don't have an update.

Comments
RitualWildfire

Another premium user here that would REALLY love this feature. I love finding new music and I use multiple sources- including Spotify's playlists that are tailored for the user- but it is so true that if you like a song on a playlist, there is a good chance, you will like others too. I just feel like I'm missing out and I don't see why this would be difficult to program...

ccsskk

Please do this ASAP!

Eis-123

That was the first feature I was looking for after activating my trial period. I know some songs I really like and I want to find playlists I could listen to instead of that (maybe advertised) "mainstream dump" that gets suggest to me.

My first impression is, that its not easy to find new music in spotify thats not mainstream or "alternative mainstream".

Hope to see that feature in other streaming apps I'm going to try out.

Melanie3847

@Eis-123: Please let me know, when you found another app inlcuding this feature. I really miss it and would be more than happy to support another music streaming company which works more user centered.

fatihsamet

i think at least most popular playlists that contains specific track should return after searches. I know your are trying to make your recommendation system perfect for users, but please do not ignore people who doesn't have specific music types. Because sometimes we can just remember a songs name and would like to find related songs in a playlist. 

I hope you will notice those whishes. 

jihyo

Hello,

Is it still not avaliable feature? 😞 

I wish I could find playlist that contains my searching artist/song like 8tracks 😛

shawnd2030

this would really be great

dakaspar

This seems like a "no brainer" as far as user experience is concerned. I'd love to discover other music that is closely related to songs I already like, this would be a great way to do that (with a human element too, since the public playlists are presumably user generated).

xhjema

I even have problems keeping track of my own hundreds of playlists.

I just want to search among my own playlists to find that really good playlist I listened to last summer in Greeced.

I just remember one song and not the name of the playlist, so it is extremely hard to find.

Right now I have to select one playlist at a time and filter by the name of the song or artist.

Just adding that filter on ALL MY OWN Playlist cant be very hard.

I understand adding the possibility to ALL USERS playlists could be affecting performance, but just searching through my own lists should be ok.

I actually think this did work some years ago, but I might be wrong

bzero
Hi xhjema,
please don't narrow down this IDEA.
If you want to have this feature for your own playlists, please create a
new idea.
Otherwise Spotify Staff gets confused and implement the wrong thing.
All votes collected in this vote are for "search in ALL PUBLIC LISTS". This
can of course include your own lists, but that would be just a nice
side-effect.

Please respect this, thanks.