Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Discover] Find public Playlists that contain Song/Artist

My theory (not rocket science):

If someone else's playlist includes a song or artists that I like, there is a good change that I will enjoy the rest of their playlist. 

Currently, you can only search for public playlists via playlist name.  Considering that most people do not name their playlists to accurately reflect the type of music it contains, I believe that the current search functionality is quite limited. 

Spotify should have functionality to search for public playlists that contain a song/artist.  I think would be immensly helpful for music discovery.  

Best of luck, 

Ryan

P.S. - Down the line, it would be interesting to see "similarity scores" between two playlists.  Could be quite interesting for finding new music.  

Updated on 2019-10-31

Hey folks.

Thanks again for all your votes and comments.
We're still keeping an eye on this idea, but at this time we don't have an update.

Comments
codmon23

@petr7 Thanks for the tip using google search.  I am finding some crazy playlists this way.  

DonSolare

kudos, kudos kudos por @Dominiek and @petr7

oh wait a minute, where is now the kudos function?

DonSolare
@bzero "Somebody raised the concern, that this feature would violate some privacy concerns."
Yes it as me. I think this MIGHT be considered privacy intrusion or a strange form of reverse engeneering or even spying because if you are an artist you would search the tracks of your colleagues a.k.a. competence and pitch those curators. i agree you have to be sick to think this way. I am only trying to find sense in what doesn#t seem to have sense. Like finding sense in the forms of the clouds.
berg2518

I also think this is a great idea.  For artists to be able to see which Spotify playlist a particular song is on would be great.

It would be awesome to allow search in my own playlists. I would hazard its quite common to hear a piece of music and think did I put that in a playlist already. 

bzero

Hi @user-removed, I'd be happy if this IDEA does not get missused for similar ideas.

The initial idea is to lookup PUBLIC PLAYLISTS of OTHER users, so that you can easily find playlists that contain that song...

Of course, Showing your own lists in that lookup is a no-brainer and Spotify could do that at the same time.

But it is important that own playlists is NOT the primary reason for this idea.

RitualWildfire
This doesn't matter. Spotify has rejected the idea twice now. It is not tabled- it is rejected, once quite recently. Let's move on from this post and from Spotify, if you need this capability.
bzero

Spotify judged a year ago, this is not recently from my perspective.

Spotify must implement this!!

XxleoqxX

THIS IS WHAT I NEED

domruiz87

As a member of an independent, currently unsigned band with music on Spotify that submits songs to numerous curators it would be great to see which playlists actually picked up our song. Unless there's a way to already see this, it would be a nice feature to have