Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Discover] Find public Playlists that contain Song/Artist

My theory (not rocket science):

If someone else's playlist includes a song or artists that I like, there is a good change that I will enjoy the rest of their playlist. 

Currently, you can only search for public playlists via playlist name.  Considering that most people do not name their playlists to accurately reflect the type of music it contains, I believe that the current search functionality is quite limited. 

Spotify should have functionality to search for public playlists that contain a song/artist.  I think would be immensly helpful for music discovery.  

Best of luck, 

Ryan

P.S. - Down the line, it would be interesting to see "similarity scores" between two playlists.  Could be quite interesting for finding new music.  

Updated on 2019-10-31

Hey folks.

Thanks again for all your votes and comments.
We're still keeping an eye on this idea, but at this time we don't have an update.

Comments
petr7

''This would definitively bring Spotify to another level.'' -gfaessler

(2013)

petr7

''As a music lover, I agree that this would be a great means of discovering new artists that have already been "found" by other users, almost like a crowdsourced version of Spotify's radio and related artist features.''  

-davekauffman

(2014)

turnip1988

This feature would be great!

codmon23

Please add this.   This is the first social feature I looked for and could not find it. 

bzero

It would be so COOL:

RIGHT-Click on a track and select "Show Playlists containing this track".

WHY is it so hard to implement this, Spotify??? As a software engineer I estimate the whole feature to be implemented within 4 hours for a single developer... 

PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN! WE ARE WAITING.

orville72

OBVIOUSLY some pinhead at Spotify has decided that this feature would be bad for business.  Has me cheering hard for Spotify's demise. A company that doesn't have its users as its #1 priority deserves to go down.

bzero
Spotify should be more open and transparent regarding features that they
are working on.
I'm premium user since years but I have no clue what they have done in the
meanwhile except some user experience improvements (if you want to call
them improvement).
bzero
Spotify should be more open and transparent regarding features that they
are working on.
I'm premium user since years but I have no clue what they have done in the
meanwhile except some user experience improvements (if you want to call
them improvement).
remlxed

Yes please times a billion. This would be one of my most preferred methods to discover new music.

Harlowin

Look, if you can't add it to the normal search, at least add it to the API. It's rediculous that this has been such a heavily requested feature for so long.