Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Discover] Find public Playlists that contain Song/Artist

My theory (not rocket science):

If someone else's playlist includes a song or artists that I like, there is a good change that I will enjoy the rest of their playlist. 

Currently, you can only search for public playlists via playlist name.  Considering that most people do not name their playlists to accurately reflect the type of music it contains, I believe that the current search functionality is quite limited. 

Spotify should have functionality to search for public playlists that contain a song/artist.  I think would be immensly helpful for music discovery.  

Best of luck, 

Ryan

P.S. - Down the line, it would be interesting to see "similarity scores" between two playlists.  Could be quite interesting for finding new music.  

Updated on 2019-10-31

Hey folks.

Thanks again for all your votes and comments.
We're still keeping an eye on this idea, but at this time we don't have an update.

Comments
ptszero
I"m sorry mate
No worries, cool track btw
tomzek

I really can not understand why this big feature - actually it's a must have!!! - is not released yet. If I listen to a favorite song on youtube, several other songs will be me offered, that might suitable to me.  Guys, this should me on your roadmap definitely!! 

KeSoze2
To be fair, you can do what you describe with Radio.

Not being able to search playlists by ANYTHING other than playlist title is still utterly idiotic though.

I'd be so darn happy to find any and all playlists that contain Frightened Rabbit, Sigur Ros and The National. Or both of them anyway. 😉
vovaltd

Great idea!

hellofriendz__

10 years later....

stevdeb

Please make this possible

bermmm
DO IT PLZ 😛
Omidzmd

I need now exactly something like this searchoption. Because some weeks ago I heard a great playlist but forgot to save it. And Now I cant find it and its been too long to see in my last played list. I remember only one song from that playlist. Hope you add this feature.

KajZ

This seems like a much better form of music discovery than current funcitonality in the app. If I search for a playlist with a song I know I like (or better yet, multiple similar songs simultaneously) I feel like I will definitely find something relevant. Importantly it also allows for really good user-made playlist discovery -the current method of name search is obviously insufficient.