Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Discover] Find public Playlists that contain Song/Artist

My theory (not rocket science):

If someone else's playlist includes a song or artists that I like, there is a good change that I will enjoy the rest of their playlist. 

Currently, you can only search for public playlists via playlist name.  Considering that most people do not name their playlists to accurately reflect the type of music it contains, I believe that the current search functionality is quite limited. 

Spotify should have functionality to search for public playlists that contain a song/artist.  I think would be immensly helpful for music discovery.  

Best of luck, 

Ryan

P.S. - Down the line, it would be interesting to see "similarity scores" between two playlists.  Could be quite interesting for finding new music.  

Updated on 2019-10-31

Hey folks.

Thanks again for all your votes and comments.
We're still keeping an eye on this idea, but at this time we don't have an update.

Comments
bartotte

This would be such an golden feature! Can someone from Spotify explain why this isn't in your current roadmap?

The generated personal playlists by spotify are easy to use, but don't give perfect playlists, and that's ok. Therefore I like to put matters in my own hands. The feature described above would be an awsome tool for that!

juls

With this feature would it be so much easier to find new related music I like. From a technical point that should be easy to implement, I really dont understand why this is no priority !?

Great idea, gets a big "i can haz please?" from me

MasterTenSor

I was looking for extact that feature, it would guide user to 'like minded' users playlist, with a great change that the music you love is in the list and you will discover new tracks in the same style! Keep pushing the develop team 😉

JohnnyConqueroo

It's a great idea, and a great way to discover new music.

tallbaldybloke

I have also been looking for this feature. I often hear playlists in bars and restaurants that I like and want to find later. A workaround is to use the auto Shazam feature, but I might not be there to capture the entire list.

I can appreciate that a search for all playlists containing a single track might produce too many results and therefore present some issues for "search". A better idea might be to develop a search based on a combination of maybe at least 3 or 4 tracks to find playlists that contain all tracks.

greyelf

I can't find new music that I like with radio. This would be a great feature for finding new music. And also it can help to build new connections among people.

Lfannaly

Come on this is a no brainer...this should be Part of the search function in Spotify.  I love Spotify....this is my primary complaint about Spotify is it can't search a song and find other playlists containing that song.   Come on....that is NOT DIFFICULT programming script to implement.   You obviously have something way more sophisticated because you can create a radio station off a song selection....so showing playlists with the same song would be a piece of cake and would help your users immensely.   Please expedite this request.   

paulolealdev

Isso also would love this feature. Sometimes I want to listen to a music of some kind then I search for playlist containing that music and similars manually. It would be great to have the area "playlists containing this music" on a music's context menu

Johnnyplayer56

I was just wondering this myself. It would be a great added feature to really zero in on more specific user tastes, and you might pick up a new friend or two