Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Discover] Find public Playlists that contain Song/Artist

My theory (not rocket science):

If someone else's playlist includes a song or artists that I like, there is a good change that I will enjoy the rest of their playlist. 

Currently, you can only search for public playlists via playlist name.  Considering that most people do not name their playlists to accurately reflect the type of music it contains, I believe that the current search functionality is quite limited. 

Spotify should have functionality to search for public playlists that contain a song/artist.  I think would be immensly helpful for music discovery.  

Best of luck, 

Ryan

P.S. - Down the line, it would be interesting to see "similarity scores" between two playlists.  Could be quite interesting for finding new music.  

Updated on 2019-10-31

Hey folks.

Thanks again for all your votes and comments.
We're still keeping an eye on this idea, but at this time we don't have an update.

Comments
jsannn

That would be great for discovering new music from playlists.

0cassidy

I hope you continue to add this item to your road map. I was very disappointed to search and find this was not a current feature - I think it would be an incredible way to share and find music between users who have similar taste in music

CitizenJ

Is there an open enhancement / improvement request for the same function but applied only to one's own personal playlists?

If so, please link to it in a comment here as I haven't been able to track it down by searching this Ideas section. If not, I'll raise a new (albeit related) item.

maxlaks

Please add this feature soon.  It would really make it easier finding music one actually likes.

4-TRAY

I do agree with you also it should be easier for independent artists to pitch directly to spotify playlist 

tehlun

Please implement this feature 😞

gfaessler

Come on Spotify. It's not a big deal to implement and you have 47 pages of users awaiting this feature. Let us discover other users playlist to make a strong community !!

bzero

@meahtenoha : can you please update this idea???

4-TRAY

I do agree with you also it should be easier for independent artists to pitch directly to spotify playlist

codmon23

As much as I want this feature, I recently discovered something that dashed my hopes.  This site, https://artists.spotify.com, is designed for artists.  Among other things, it gives artists stats about when their tracks show up in playlists.  Yes, Spotify has the data, and it is likely even properly indexed to support this search feature.  However, if they give that data away for free, they can't sell it to artists as a side hustle.

Hey Spotify, how about a new hustle: a super-premium account for music lovers, where you actually give them decent playlist search capability?  Until then, the Google search hack mentioned a few times on this forum has lead me to some pretty cool playlists.  The trouble is it still only finds a fraction of playlists.  They have to have existed long enough for the google bot to crawl the playlist page.