Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Other] 2-Factor Authentication

Spotify should, as a matter of good practice and safety, implement 2-step authentication.

Previously, Spotify enabled the option to log out other sessions other than the current session.

This would prevent hackers from stealing accounts, which would additionaly lead to less account hacks and less work for Spotify employees to assist in these cases.

More info: https://twofactorauth.org

Updated on 2018-10-18

Hi everyone, thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange. We’re ready to mark this idea as ‘Under Consideration’. 

We are currently investigating various solutions for account security for our users, e.g. 2-factor authentication. Any news regarding user-facing security updates will be posted to this thread as a status change.

If you'd like further information about protecting your account please visit our Support Site here.

Comments
cristiangavidia

I recommend that you use both factors and have them written down on paper in a drawer at home and another in the eraser on your computer or Mac. This way you will never lose access and you will save delays in the future with your login.

MalikP_EU

@cristiangavidia

"I recommend that you use both factors"

Could you explain me what are these 2 factors you wrote about ?

G_Loc

^^ "cristiangavidia" is a spam bot

MalikP_EU

Ah thanks 😄 

no1communitymember

Why no 2FA yet?

MalikP_EU

Spotify wrote: ->"...it is currently not a specific legal requirement and Spotify has other appropriate security measures in place in order to protect our user accounts from security threats"

Wubwubwooble
Because contrary to the name of their support Twitter, Spotify does, in
fact, not care.
no1communitymember

It seems like an unnecessary liability. I guess if there is no actual harm being caused to users if they get hacked, then no biggie?

Wubwubwooble
Except that there is possible harm if they're able to see your payment
information as easily as they are. Also your address.
Matt_Williams

My account was recently hacked and I had to scramble to save my 10+ year old account and playlists from disappearing.  So, uh, adding my voice to the endless pit of people begging for real account security.