Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Other] 2-Factor Authentication

Spotify should, as a matter of good practice and safety, implement 2-step authentication.

Previously, Spotify enabled the option to log out other sessions other than the current session.

This would prevent hackers from stealing accounts, which would additionaly lead to less account hacks and less work for Spotify employees to assist in these cases.

More info: https://twofactorauth.org

Updated on 2018-10-18

Hi everyone, thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange. We’re ready to mark this idea as ‘Under Consideration’. 

We are currently investigating various solutions for account security for our users, e.g. 2-factor authentication. Any news regarding user-facing security updates will be posted to this thread as a status change.

If you'd like further information about protecting your account please visit our Support Site here.

Comments
buttonmasher

I just got my Spotify hacked and they deleted all my playlists that I built up for years, but I was an idiot, I didn't realise that you could back up playlists. Anyway, I got them all back, I depend on spotify music to relieve stress and lift my mood and I use spotify mobile for my workouts so I was not happy when I saw all my playlists gone. Two step verification would be a great idea. :-]

Thalhammer

Hello,

In my opion it would be good to have the option to enable 2 Factor Authentification through Google Authenticator or E-Mail/SMS Codes.

Marco
Status changed to: Duplicate
Updated: 2016-05-08

Hello and thanks for the feedback!

Any news regarding this request will be announced in the original idea topic here:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/2-factor-authentication/idi-p/1017889

Please add your kudos and comments there, if you haven't already. 😉

As of now I highly recommend Authy, they have both Android and iOS version apps available.

https://www.authy.com/

dshadows07

Having just had my account taken over by someone and recovered by spotify support - I Strongly suggest they implement this for at least changing of email addresses to prevent the account being taken over in the first place.

marcusneipp

Especially for administrators of Spotify Family it is very neccessary to have the possibility to use 2FA!
That's by far the only point why I'm not completely confident with the Spotify service...

I work in the IT department and nearly daily I get to know someone whose account has been stolen.

It's really irremissible to add the 2FA feature as soon as possible!

meahtenoha
Status changed to: Good idea, vote for it
Updated: 2016-06-09

Hey @ThomasVH we also think this is a good idea.

Please continue to leave your comments and kudos here and we'll post again here if we have any updates on this. Thanks!

Nethead

anyone at spotify awake?

the world is crashing around us because people are not using 2FA and spotify doesn't even offer it

using a net service today without 2FA is like having sex in Zika Lands without a condom, don't do it

zeroxxx

Why is this still not implemented? Ugh Spotify....

bleedyblue

Is someone at Spotify actually reading the comments?