Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Other] 2-Factor Authentication

Spotify should, as a matter of good practice and safety, implement 2-step authentication.

Previously, Spotify enabled the option to log out other sessions other than the current session.

This would prevent hackers from stealing accounts, which would additionaly lead to less account hacks and less work for Spotify employees to assist in these cases.

More info: https://twofactorauth.org

Updated on 2018-10-18

Hi everyone, thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange. We’re ready to mark this idea as ‘Under Consideration’. 

We are currently investigating various solutions for account security for our users, e.g. 2-factor authentication. Any news regarding user-facing security updates will be posted to this thread as a status change.

If you'd like further information about protecting your account please visit our Support Site here.

Comments
awwyiss335

Upvoting this thread.

ricky92

This is ridiculous.

It's 2021 and Spotify, one of the major music streaming services in the world, hasn't added this essential, omnipresent security feature yet.

I'm considering different platforms that take security seriously and will soon get away from this joke of a service.

G_Loc

No sense in sticking with Spotify.  In addition to better security, both Apple Music and Amazon Music are now offering HD (and Ultra HD, in Amazon's case) streaming at no additional cost.  There's software out there that makes it easy to transfer your music library between services.

Spotify has been ignoring this security issue for years now.  They do not care.  Time to vote with your wallet.

jesusjimsa

Two years of consideration is a long consideration... Get working on this already!!

burtek
why is there no 2fa yet? This thing is like 6 years old...

"we care about privacy and account security" my ass

https://www.spotify.com/us/privacy - "We implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to help protect the security of your personal data" no, you don't. That's a straight forward lie
msephton

In fact there was an older request for 2FA that was posted on 2013-06-20.

So we're approaching the 8th anniversary of this mess.

Useless **bleep**s didn't implement it even after 3 years.

Sulumar

This idea is from 2018

Its 2021 people, get your act together and implement 2fa in your auth system

2FA is a must in 2021. Please, Spotify, please.

Vandragorax

When is this going to happen?  I've had my account logged in from halfway round the world AGAIN for the 6th time this year.  All my other accounts and email address is secure with 2FA etc.

I am sick of PAYING Spotify every month just so that I can spend my time dropping what I'm doing and recovering my account.

You will start losing long-term customers like me over this if you don't do something about it.  Nevermind the stupid fact that I am unable to convert my username/password account into a Google account for login because I used my Gmail address on my original account, but that is another problem all together.