Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Separate Queues for Podcasts and Music

Hi there,

Would like to propose this again as it looks like related tickets were closed and not addressed.

Just want to share a concrete example on why this would be helpful... Throughout the day I'm listening to either music (while working) OR podcasts (while commuting). If I'm commuting to work, I'd like to queue up podcasts to listen to while commuting. This includes coming back to the same podcast queue when I'm commuting home from work (ie. same queue in the morning and evening). The problem is, I listen to music during the day while I'm working. So I need to clear my podcast queue and then queue everything up again after work. 

I think fixing this would increase user engagement on your apps. For example, having my podcasts on Apple podcasts is just more convenient now because I don't need to deal with this daily inconvenience. Every week, that's multiple hours of engagement per user (for a subset of podcast listeners) that you could be gaining back.

I'm a huge fan of Spotify, so I'd love to be able to seamlessly use your app over Apple Podcasts for this use case. Thanks 

Updated on 2022-06-24

Hey! Looks like your idea is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues being supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
Luan
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Edit: The idea has been reposted here

Updated on 2021-02-12

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos. In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion!

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here.

sjhross

Hi there

Since you upped your podcast game I've ditched my usual podcasting app and moved everything across to Spotify.

My only complaint is that the queing feature is really hard to use when you switch between podcasts and music. I've seen this on a few forums and previous idea suggestions but I'm flagging it again - would be great to create a seperate music and podcast queue feature.

Britpop and news podcasts are great independently, but not meshed together.

LizKhalifa

Yea. I hate how they blended music and podcasts. I want my podcasts in the order I downloaded them, and my music in the order I last listened to it. 
If I download a podcast episode, I can’t find it at the top of the “downloads” tab... I have to change the search order to “recently downloaded”

this is a pain and I don’t wanna use Spotify for podcasts anymore. 

I fully agree with this! I spend a lot of time queuing up podcasts each day but sometimes want to listen to a song in between podcasts and I have to spend time reordering my queue and if I mess something up I usually have to start over from scratch.  I think it would be extremely helpful to have a Podcast queue and a Music queue so that I can switch to music without messing up my upcoming podcasts and switch back to podcasts to pick up where I left off.  

Mihail
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2021-06-02

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

Jeremy

Jeremy

Jeremy

Updated on 2021-06-02

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

I currently don’t use Spotify for podcasts because my dedicated podcast app keeps a queue of podcasts to listen to, updated with new episodes of  podcasts as they become available. I rarely ever select a single podcast to listen to. So having a separate podcast queue would be very useful, especially if it updated with podcasts you are following. 

taomadness

I have a hard time believing that this hasn’t been implemented yet. It seems like it should be such an easy fix as all the components are there. Spotify, please do this. The suggestion is spot on, it will engage more users and really create a better user experience. It’s really a bug of oversight that this wasn’t integrated from the beginning. This is the right thing to do. 

Thanks for taking our input into consideration.