Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Setup Spotify Kids as a service in Sonos

I would love to be able to setup a Spotify Kids account as a service in Sonos, in order not to pollute my recommandations with my kids favorites... 🙂

Updated on 2021-06-14

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
-zaoo615rj_8e

For our family this is a "must have" feature. Using my spotify account to play music for our toddler on sonos completely ruins my listening profile. Just add the feature to Spotify Kids or add Spotify Connect to it. How hard can it be, really? You already dit it with the spotify app. Please, this is a very important issue for our household.

a3el

I have a family account.

I just added all our accounts to Sonos. Including our Kids account. I have done this from the PC desktop app(win 10).

Manage-service settings-add-(add another spotify with different login)

There is at dropdown in the app to switch between account. In the PC app under Music source you right-click Spotify to switch(dropdown).

Only issue so fare is that there are commercials on the kids account....!?!

DH898

Has there been any progress on this?

trackofalljades

I'd like to see this too, currently some of the speakers in our house work with Spotify Kids and some of them don't, since only a few are new enough to have Airplay. Spotify Kids should just work with all Sonos devices, directly, just like Spotify does.

Jacob
Status changed to: Good Suggestion

Updated on 2021-05-20

Your suggestion has at least 180 votes! Keep gathering votes. If this idea gets enough votes, Spotify will check it out and post a status update. You can read more about the idea process here.

Mario
Status changed to: Live Idea

Updated on 2021-06-14

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

jameshbull

This would be killer. We use a multi-zone Sonos system and we play kids music all over the house. Would LOVE to use the kids profiles instead of mine or my wife's! thats the whole point of having the Spotify kids account!

jschumacher

I really don’t find a use for Spotify kids without this feature. Get the product managers for the app to spend some time with their customers. 

Mrs_K

Are we able to setup the Spotify kids app to play through the Sonos speakers yet?  What’s the status on this? I’ve been trying to figure out how to link it. Help! 

clairearmst

Yes! I'm so sick of my Spotify account being taken over by kids songs because I trigger a bath time playlist via Alexa on my Sonos system. Also agree that it'd be great to default to Spotify Kids on certain speakers, or even be able to switch between all out Spotify accounts from any speaker or based on voice.