Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Setup Spotify Kids as a service in Sonos

I would love to be able to setup a Spotify Kids account as a service in Sonos, in order not to pollute my recommandations with my kids favorites... 🙂

Updated on 2021-06-14

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
sorendossing

A brilliant idea and quite surprising that its not solved yet, I mean Sonos is one of biggest brands for wireless speakers and therefore Spotify should fully support it. 

But what's its gonna take before something changes? 

1000 votes? 

10.000 votes? 

100.000 votes?

sorendossing

Seems like Sonos er fine with not having all that extra sale that this simple feature gain.

I will instantly order two more zones for my kids when this feature gets available.

michanbg

I think this is an issue at Spotify, Not Sonos. Spotify has to work on this topic

Pegasus829

The only way to listen on Sonos and Spotify is to use a full family account, it means they need to use a full account that doesn't have the correct parental controls. Come on Spotify product team, get a younger audience hooked on your platform, and allow them to listen to their music like adults. My son has already asked if he can use Apple Music instead because that does play to Sonos.

Using headphones means only they can listen and generally means they don't hear when being called by parents. They can't share their favourite songs with their friends unless they do it on low-quality iPad speakers etc. If they could play through Sonos, then the parents can control the volume and skip as needed if a song that's not explicit but still not really suitable for kids sneaks through. 

The UI of Spotify Kids is great for kids and encourages them to explore new content and enjoy listening to streaming music. Let's not force them to the adult version.

Overfrost

Would also love this idea. As a workaround, if you have a Sonos speaker/amp with line in, we can plug in the Spotify kids device and then send everywhere through the Sonos app. Lots of steps, but keep the primary Spotify account recommendations intact 

Rcoundon

Hi - is there any update on the development of this, it's been kicking around for years now and seems to have generated a lot of interest.

As others have stated, it'd be a revenue generator for both Sonos and Spotify as well as making both services more sticky. Please let us know if this is on the roadmap

martindang

In a world where data is incredibly valuable, we have a request from parents who WANT to have a service (Sonos with Spotify kids) for their kids AND who are PAYING for it (kids account only available via Premium Family) with a fair amount of likes (330+ at the time of writing). This is an easy win for anyone combing these threads looking for future opportunities (advance your career) to create subscriber growth (parents will add/delete subscription), revenue, and data (really...kids data). 

Common folks...it's been 3 years since the original post. Make this happen! You'll have my extra subscription at least.

Jamestalmage

Everyone, it's not just 330 likes they are ignoring... There's a duplicate issue with 1,000+ likes and 10 pages of comments pleading for this.

I encourage everyone on this thread to go and like/vote/comment on that thread as well: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Connect-Kids-Add-Spotify-Connect-support-for-Spotify-Kid...