[Shuffle] Prioritise certain songs in a playlist

To my mind, it would be nice if we could prioritise some songs over others in a playlist. In other words, a song marked as a "high-priority song" would have more chances to be played next than a song marked as a "low-priority song"  - of course in shuffle mode! 

For example, playlist A has 10 songs. Each of them has 10% chance of being the first song played. However, if a song was a "high-priority song", it would have more than 10% chance. This way, the more someone likes a song , the more he listens to it!

Updated on 2018-09-15

Marked as new idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.

Comments
Rock Star 22
Rock Star 22
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2018-09-15

Marked as new idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.

Ady_g

This is top of my Spotify wish list. I have several Playlists with 100+ tracks. I want some tracks, the core of my list, to be played regularly, but others less often. A weighting system would be perfect to achieve this. 

Ady_g

Please support this idea with your vote. Searching the forums it has been raised and closed many times, so it is clearly a popular idea. If you agree, please press VOTE+

JimPowell

I'd really love to see this happen too!  It's a major shortcoming that I've been hoping they'd work on for years, but it never gets enough votes so they keep shutting the idea down until it gets re-opened with no-votes. But this "idea" website isn't great - there's no good way to see good ideas like this.