Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Smart TV] Screensaver on Smart-TV

Hi there!

It would be nice if there was a screensaver available in your app. This seems to be easy improvement and it's been asked multiple times over the years. It appears that community is ignored by the Spotify team despite all the money you make on your users. It's a problem for me not only because of screen burn out on the TV but also pictures on the screen are unneccessary distraction especially for kids while I just would like to listen to the music.

Updated on 2021-06-13

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
pjo666

But it feels like Spotify has adopted the Samsung way = Totally ignore the users input.

derdiusz

We are missing this feature a lot.

Zezeria

Please??? We NEED a visualizer or screen saver I'm not prepared to keep paying premium to destroy my screens!! 

SebMaus666

Would be cool if one could select the screensaver. Some animation like it was in winamp would be good and not to hard to implement. Another thing would be to show the music videos too the tracks

ManuMateos

In Apple TV it should be enough to let the system screensaver kick in, just the same than Apple Music or Apple Podcasts. 

highmr

I also posted in an Apple TV thread on the same topic.  I actually have a Roku.  Same issue in general...

Definitely.

Not only critical for older, high end plasma TVs but also critical for new OLED TVs.  Look at RTINGS.com if you don't understand this.  For those of us who want higher quality TV displays, we shouldn't have to be afraid of burn in because of our choice of music app.  (no flames please, I know some higher quality, expensive LED LCD TVs are also good displays.)

To an earlier poster in the old thread that said this was an HDCP issue, no, because I can turn off my TV and the TV will be blank.  There will be a temporary pause as the HDMI resyncs, but then the music from Roku Spotify comes back on.  If this doesn't work for you it is a setting in your TV and/or your receiver.  But, this annoying because:  you have to choose do it, you don't know what song is playing without using your phone, and the resync delay.  Better would be a rotating screen saver like Pandora does (but better, don't have any fixed location white hot spots for volume, title, etc.).  This is better than TV off - more interesting, and you can tell what is playing.

JuKa

Well just bought my first smart tv...

Immediately thought of this issue, glad I'm not the only one!

However since 2018 this is being pitched...

Spotify team! Make it happen ! 🙂

Thanks

amroll

Please Spotify, we need this feature..

highmr

OK, I tried to post this as a general issue, as it appears that it impacts smart TVs, apple TVs, Roku.  Was bounced back to here as a repeat of the smart TV issue.  Talk about divide and conquer.  As one + point, I noticed that on the Roku platform it at least changes the background color when moving to different CDs (remember those, round disc things?).  But it leaves the white hot spot for the play/pause/spotify symbol, etc. in the same place.  This is bad for Plasmas and OLED TVs!!!!  Not as bad as red (look up CNN burn in ...)

but not good.

Pinoooo

I cancelled my Spotify premium for now. No Spotify app for my Pansonic Oled TV. I wanted to use Chromecast instead, but without a screensaver it will burn in. Went for Google Play Music, they have moving album arts. This is also a solution.

Hope to come back if Spotify finally will fix this.