Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[SmartTV][Other] Add Lyrics to TV

Add the option to see lyrics in the Smart TV. This option in available on Smartphones, but not on TV, where you can make a better use of them.

Updated on 2021-11-18

Hey folks,

Thanks for your feedback on the Lyrics feature. We’ve heard you and we’re happy to announce Lyrics are here!

You can find Lyrics on Free and Premium for users across iOS and Android devices, desktop, gaming consoles, and TV.

To learn more about the roll out and how to access lyrics, view this announcement.

Cheers!

Comments
Bill_Dahl

Today I realized that Apple Music has Lyrics on its Apple Music platform for TV, but Spotify does not! It is incredible that they are the pioneers and do not have this option, and I have been with Spotify for several years but this makes me think.

rodriguu

I look forward to it!

MartNL

This would really make the app better in these times. The TV is on with Spotify playing a lot, and it's nice to read about the background stories and seeing the actual lyrics.

Jacob
Status changed to: Good Suggestion

Updated on 2021-05-20

Your suggestion has at least 180 votes in 6 months! Keep gathering votes. If this idea gets enough votes, Spotify will check it out and post a status update. You can read more about the idea process here.

Toffe89

Please add this to Apple TV app. Kids would love it here!!

Adimep

It takes too long for them to take action. The TV screen is already too blank. There is nothing to watch on screen. The mobile even has Canvas implemented.

Mihail
Status changed to: Live Idea

Updated on 2021-06-15

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

cidmedeiros

Hey there! Any idea how much longer this would take to hit the users? I'm really looking forward to this!

yannsiluipy

Can we please have lyrics on smart tv? 

Apple music has for a long time...

Mandeepsingh

I want this feature on my android tv, as my android phone, laptop has lyrics feature... As it has a lot space left on my screen when playing any music and don't mean to see my tv screen while playing music... Please bring this feature asap... We'll enjoy it...