Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Social] Add Display Name Option for User Account

I understand that Spotify won't allow you to change the username as it is used in internal stuffs of Spotify, but how about adding a Display Name field to user's account settings that by default is the same as username and it's not used for anything else but to search the user and display it's name. That way, the user users can change it as they like ?

Updated on 2020-03-12

Hey,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea.

You can now add or change your display name!
A display name replaces the username where it shows on your profile, app, playlists, and Friend Activity.
There's more on this here, and here.

Comments
Brunelicia

That would be a great feature 🙂

Caffeinatrix

THANK GOD finally found an open one. If I can't use something to stay anonymous then I won't be using Spotify for any sort of sharing like I'd hoped with streaming. Either allow us to have a playlist created by 'anonymous', or an option to use a username instead of our actual names. Or there are probably better ideas, idk, just something.

shallbetter

Please do this!  All the solutions to change user name are out dated and don't work.  Any prefered name registered when making a new account are ignored and who wants to be on Facebook?

ItsEvan_b

yes pls spotify

Goodman
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Updated on 2019-10-24

Hey folks.

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!
We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. 

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.
Thanks .

shallbetter
Down voting the "not right now". Very lame. What on Earth is the reason
for this?
Caffeinatrix

Are you f*king kidding me?!? This has been posted time and time and time again and you say "Not right now"? Shove it up your **bleep**, maybe LISTEN TO YOUR PAYING CUSTOMERS. 

asciiM0

For those of you who don't wanna give up... maybe you should concentrate on the big brother of this topic. More than 20.000 votes there already 😉  (But don't be disappointed when noticing that it's the same strategy of ignorance there)

-> https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Account-Change-Username/idi-p/703799

DJCharts

It's quite ridiculous that we cannot change our display name without creating a new account.

Terry_moore

Nice to know spotify actually doesn't care what people want.