[Social] Add Display Name Option for User Account

I understand that Spotify won't allow you to change the username as it is used in internal stuffs of Spotify, but how about adding a Display Name field to user's account settings that by default is the same as username and it's not used for anything else but to search the user and display it's name. That way, the user users can change it as they like ?

Updated on 2019-10-24

Hey folks.

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!
We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. 

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.
Thanks .

Comments
RedelRick
Visitor

@asciiM0 I totally agree. I don't want to leave Spotify as I have 10 years of history on my account, but if they're going to handcuff me into either linking my Facebook account or dealing with a "123456789" username, despite thousands of users wanting another option, I'm going to vote with my money and leave.

It would be 1 thing if development was in progress or it was a brand new request, but they have denied this request multiple times - effectively ignoring users.

MeerkatFM
Visitor

This is redicilous...

So now I have to close my account and cancel my subscription? Can I create a new account with the same e-mail address or do I have to go to the competition?

GiveMeABreak

It's 2020 and we still can't change our display name yet? Seriously? But it's no problem if we link a Facebook account? Absolutely ridiculous. 

Can you get off your asses and write a few lines of code so we can do something as simple as this that basically any other platform would allow you to do?

Dr_Laudanum

This is a basic function everywhere else, but not on Spotify... Pretty sad.