Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Social] Block Followers

I believe there should be a way to block people that are following you on Spotify. When blocked, the user will automatically unfollow you and will not be able to find you, or view your public playlists.

Blocking should be possible via both username and email address.

Liam

Updated on 2021-11-16

Hi everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Ideas Exchange, and sharing your votes and comments.

We’re pleased to confirm that all users now have the option to block another user on Spotify. With this update, you can actively block another user across desktop and mobile devices, preventing them from being able to see listening activity, public playlists, or view profile pages.

Here’s how it works:

• When visiting another user’s profile, click on the   (...) button.
  • Select “Block” (or “Block User” on mobile) to block the user whose profile you are viewing.
  • This user will now be blocked and cannot access your page, public playlists or view your listening activity.
  • To unblock a user, click the Unblock option in the same menu.

We're always working hard to provide the best possible Spotify experience in a safe environment.

Please see here for more information.

Comments
MvG77
Also if somebody already downloaded your list, they keep following it. Shouldnt be possible! Or that they can see what you just listened to
##- Please type your reply above this line

Yes I would like to see this put into effect please! 

flytta_dig

I have "so called" friends that stealthily follow what I listen to then when I see them in person, they kind of bring what I have tasted in terms of music to the subject. I hate this, I can't believe how you guys don't allow us to block a follower. **bleep**! I'm even thinking about leaving Spotify and cancelling my premium. I think we have over-rated Spotify too much.

Edit:

I remember how happy I was when I first signed up a premium account, it had been a long time I never paid for music for years. But with Spotify, I was quite OK paying for music. They also increased the premium fee in Turkey and I'm considering leaving it. I have a great audio interface that I could just capture all audio streaming from Spotify and can record them as 320kbps MP3s. Maybe I should sit down and STEAL music again then leave it!

loganarchibald
Right? But, what are the options? iTunes, pandora, or...? Spotify should
consider this as a standard, "part of the first release" kinda thing. The
fact they haven't done anything seriously causes me to question what kind
of people work for this company.

Spotify could seriously blow most other apps out of existence if they could
prioritize the clientele before the idiology. Basic customer service 101
stuff. They could own social networking from the language of music!?! Yet,
they fail to add a basic function in social freedom that allows me to say
"no" to a stalker?

My 8th, 9th, & 10th cents....

shyny

Could we expect a serious follow-up on such an idea raised raised years ago, with support of many members, for a functionality that relates to privacy?

There are many request to either block followers or simply decide yourself whether you want Spotify to display the identity of the followers yes/no.

The way it is implemented is like FB on the first day... even them realised they would lose their community if they didn't give more privacy control to the users by letting deciding whether he wants to display the identity of his friends/followers.

Please review once for all this request for enhancement so that your customers can decide in an informed way whether they want to continue using your service or whether they feel their right for privacy is not considered.

Thank you for your reply / update!

Note: I've created a new idea simply asking to hide/make public the identity of your followers as a building fundation -- Vote for it if found valuable: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Social-Option-to-Hide-Show-the-Followers-on-your-Public-...

takingbackshann

What the heck am I supposed to do when I want to get rid of abusive exes? I NEED to block them for my own safety. I pay for Spotify premium, I would think that would include blocking users. Not allowing me to block abusive exes put my safety at risk. Every other social media / media platform has a way to block users . . . but not Spotify. Please, for the safety of people, add blocking to Spotify. Please. I don't want to be stalked anymore.

takingbackshann

What the heck am I supposed to do when I want to get rid of abusive exes? I NEED to block them for my own safety. I pay for Spotify premium, I would think that would include blocking users. Not allowing me to block abusive exes put my safety at risk. Every other social media / media platform has a way to block users . . . but not Spotify. Please, for the safety of people, add blocking to Spotify. Please. I don't want to be stalked anymore.

Lilpimpie

Have the same issue I would like to block my ex.

That we can't delete or block our followers is a problem right now and that needs to be fixed as soon as possible. 

TheFirst

Kudos?