Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Social] Block Followers

I believe there should be a way to block people that are following you on Spotify. When blocked, the user will automatically unfollow you and will not be able to find you, or view your public playlists.

Blocking should be possible via both username and email address.

Liam

Updated on 2021-11-16

Hi everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Ideas Exchange, and sharing your votes and comments.

We’re pleased to confirm that all users now have the option to block another user on Spotify. With this update, you can actively block another user across desktop and mobile devices, preventing them from being able to see listening activity, public playlists, or view profile pages.

Here’s how it works:

• When visiting another user’s profile, click on the   (...) button.
  • Select “Block” (or “Block User” on mobile) to block the user whose profile you are viewing.
  • This user will now be blocked and cannot access your page, public playlists or view your listening activity.
  • To unblock a user, click the Unblock option in the same menu.

We're always working hard to provide the best possible Spotify experience in a safe environment.

Please see here for more information.

Comments
Philter137

I can't understand why this isn't in the current road map.  Users HAVE to have a way to prevent people following them.  It's a critical feature of any social network, I think most new users would simply assume it's already part of the feature set, I certainly did.

Dagda_ataraska

**bleep** yes this is the one key item that pisses me off about spotify! stalker GF for example. We should be able to block certain users from seeing our profiles or what we are listening too. 

v8dieselsmoke

Why pay for stalkers?

Make a block/delete option NOW!!!

I agree this is a must. I am being sexually harassed by a man in real life who found me on Spotify and follows my playlists. I wish I could block him. Now I don't only feel uncomfortable out at the school we both attend but I feel uncomfortable every time I see him on my Spotify account listening to my playlists. Very unsettling feeling I wish I didn't have to have on here. 

rodmusicnow

Guys, serious, this is the minimum you can do, make the block thing real on spotify, unfortunately world isn't always a lovely place and as costumer the minimum you can do is making the block option available, it's such a lack of service not providing this to your clients, as i said, the world not always is a lovely place and something really personal, like the music we listen, playlists, etc. could leave us vulnerable to those who are not lovely. you made spotify as social media the minute you allow people to join, add, see, etc. So as a social media you should at least make available the block option (as facebook, instagram, twitter and etc have) and not leave, i'm sorry, a sh*tty message like "however it isn't in our current road map". 

It's serious, it's about harassment, not feeling safe and comfortable in some of these situations. 

MvG77
Really Nice All the response but its making me more angry with every reply. Is Anybody from spotify even reading this?? This topic is here for years now. Nothing is happening. Really simpel; we should have the option to choose if Anybody can follow us. We are paying customers!! Its 2017. It shouldnt be that hard to fix it. And why shouldnt spotify change it??
Dagda_ataraska

this should not be on your road map it should of already been implimented if our privacy was such a concern. I have a stalker and it leaves a crapy feeling that I know she is stalking me on here and using up all night to stalk me. Plus same goes for recent ex gf, but we might be able to work things out but in the mean time I should be able to prevent her from following me on spotify!!! that includes at lest some of my profile information if not all of it. This needs to be a priority not an idea

hyshot

At the moment, many spam accounts follow me and my list of followers is turned into a trash. There must be a way to prevent this. Apart from blocking, we should be able to report at least spam.

jadrien1

Was looking into how to block a user from following my girlfriend.. I figured this option would have already been available, how can a social media function not have this option?! Especially since this has been a topic for four years! Rediculous..

shyny

After 4 years, 1400+ kudos and no follow-up/reactions from Sportify/admins, I start questonning the interest to have forum to let people suggest new features if there is a total lack of follow-up or clear roadmap...

Seriously, could somebody at Sportify shed some lights here? I'm sure there must be some marketing guys supposedly listening to the voice of their customer or some community manager relying hot topics from the field? No?...

Just a few questions arising from the lack of follow-up on this tread:

• What are the concrete ideas submitted by users that have actually been implemented in the roadmap, if any? Only the ones generating revenues?
  • What is Spotify's strategy to retain his customer base? Is there any?
  • What is Spotify's view on customer's privacy? None?

Guys, seriously, you have a lot of people who's waiting for some feedback and you know how a product can be replaced by another one when clients have basic needs left totally unanswered... Do you just care a little bit?