Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Social] Block Followers

I believe there should be a way to block people that are following you on Spotify. When blocked, the user will automatically unfollow you and will not be able to find you, or view your public playlists.

Blocking should be possible via both username and email address.

Liam

Updated on 2021-11-16

Hi everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Ideas Exchange, and sharing your votes and comments.

We’re pleased to confirm that all users now have the option to block another user on Spotify. With this update, you can actively block another user across desktop and mobile devices, preventing them from being able to see listening activity, public playlists, or view profile pages.

Here’s how it works:

• When visiting another user’s profile, click on the   (...) button.
  • Select “Block” (or “Block User” on mobile) to block the user whose profile you are viewing.
  • This user will now be blocked and cannot access your page, public playlists or view your listening activity.
  • To unblock a user, click the Unblock option in the same menu.

We're always working hard to provide the best possible Spotify experience in a safe environment.

Please see here for more information.

Comments
Turtleshouse
104 kudos and still under consideration? There are things like missing songs or other features that are inconvenient when not there. But this is something else Spotify! This is personal and it can cause hurt and grieve! You're the to go to place for online stalkers now!
kaypoots

i mean, the points about being a paid user is important, but i'm a free user for probably two years now or so, and i don't want to close my account or start a new one or anything. but i agree on the urgency of this to be implemented. between stalkers for some people and just people i don't want anything to do with at all, i can't believe this wasn't built in when following was introduced.

Ninaskarsten

Come on now!! How long can it take to fix this????

Pjertan

Now this I need!

Turtleshouse
If this doesn't get implemented soon Spotify could change their name to Stalkify instead.
Grandaddave

I will add my weight behind this request. I use Spotify to create presentations for a group fo friends, but one of them has discovered my log in name and listens to them before I get a chance to complete. I did tick a box somewhere, which I now can't find, but it doesn't seem to have worked so far.

Turtleshouse
I am very annoyed that this isn't fixed yet. I wish I hadn't bought a voucher at the shop!
scott33785

i have a premium account.  I should have the ability to delete followers, I do not even know these people.  If this does not get resolved by the time my subscription comes up for renewal I will not renew.

Scott

I agree!

There are some seriously creepy people out there, and sure, you can block them everywhere else, but on Spotify-once a follower-always a follower...:(

It doesn´t make sence that I should have all MY playlists in Private-mode & not being able to communicate with those i Want to communicate with, when it´s about ONE little person that easily could me removed from my little music-world.

please fix this!

Rorey
Status changed to: Watch this space

Thanks for the kudos everyone. I'm pleased to let you know that we plan to enable a feature which will let users disallow a single user from following you in the near future. We'll let you know as soon as this feature becomes available.