Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Social] Block Followers

I believe there should be a way to block people that are following you on Spotify. When blocked, the user will automatically unfollow you and will not be able to find you, or view your public playlists.

Blocking should be possible via both username and email address.

Liam

Updated on 2021-11-16

Hi everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Ideas Exchange, and sharing your votes and comments.

We’re pleased to confirm that all users now have the option to block another user on Spotify. With this update, you can actively block another user across desktop and mobile devices, preventing them from being able to see listening activity, public playlists, or view profile pages.

Here’s how it works:

• When visiting another user’s profile, click on the   (...) button.
  • Select “Block” (or “Block User” on mobile) to block the user whose profile you are viewing.
  • This user will now be blocked and cannot access your page, public playlists or view your listening activity.
  • To unblock a user, click the Unblock option in the same menu.

We're always working hard to provide the best possible Spotify experience in a safe environment.

Please see here for more information.

Comments
youngbacchus2

Please add this feature. A lot of users I do not want to be affiliated with.

when is this going to be implemented? it's been 5+ years

bikemsahin

Please make this happen as soon as possible. I litteraly think my songs as my crushes and I get jelous when my messed up ex listen to them. I litteraly get disgusted. Please

Resa_101

I hope this gets done really soon!

Our lists are never safe unless you allow us to block followers, plus take the library off when we send links. They can go right to our library and have access to all our music we have made, only when we send them 1 list, they'll still have all the access to our lists if you have our libraries are on our links, what the heck were you thinking to put our libraries in our links, do you want everybody to copy all our music or something, use your brain next time, our private session won't even keep us safe with this idiotic mistake of yours

Nico

Nice idea! ^^

Melody
Status changed to: Good idea, vote for it

Updated on 2018-07-09

Hey folks.

We're changing this status to good idea.

We definitely think this is a strong idea, however it isn't in our current road map.
The teams behind our social features are aware that you're bringing your feedback here and we're working closely with them to bring forward all your comments and concerns.

If there are any updates on blocking Spotify followers we will let you know here first.

Thanks everyone!

sequentz

I don't see the point in not having this options as we have in another social networks.  Why having someone following you that is "unwanted".  Hey Spotify.. listen to us...

Julio-The-Rover

I can only hope this one gets implemented before I'm 40 (19 years left, but no breath is being held).

I totally agree, I'm the best list maker on Spotify, out of over a million and a half, which is why they have 3 of my lists down on their radio stations, except 1 isn't in my lists anymore, since I updated, but they were able to keep it for their radio stations, so I get used a lot by many people, which really pisses me off