Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Social] Block Followers

I believe there should be a way to block people that are following you on Spotify. When blocked, the user will automatically unfollow you and will not be able to find you, or view your public playlists.

Blocking should be possible via both username and email address.

Liam

Updated on 2021-11-16

Hi everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Ideas Exchange, and sharing your votes and comments.

We’re pleased to confirm that all users now have the option to block another user on Spotify. With this update, you can actively block another user across desktop and mobile devices, preventing them from being able to see listening activity, public playlists, or view profile pages.

Here’s how it works:

• When visiting another user’s profile, click on the   (...) button.
  • Select “Block” (or “Block User” on mobile) to block the user whose profile you are viewing.
  • This user will now be blocked and cannot access your page, public playlists or view your listening activity.
  • To unblock a user, click the Unblock option in the same menu.

We're always working hard to provide the best possible Spotify experience in a safe environment.

Please see here for more information.

Comments

How's the movement going with this feature? There's clearly a need for it. Can we have an update?

Mysticjigsaw97

I agree we should be able to block users. So I dont have to see my Ex's face on spotify

Kinda weird shes married and following my music on spotify. Like what? You hated my music. Lol 

It's not about the music. Please allow me to block 

Hate to be the one that says this but spotify has **bleep** lost their way. How on earth can this suggestion have been up since 2013, marked as a "good idea" and not been cared for since? How can there be 75 pages of complaints about a simple function that CAN BE A REAL issue? I really hate to feel and think that spotify truly has become the worst service out there for the users.. I've had this exact issue for years and today I deleted playlists from 2012 that had thousand of songs because its the only way, AND THAT IS TRAGIC. 

6 years for a single unfollow-button, I cant begin to fathom the decisions behind this, or rather the lack of. The worst thing is this is a just the tip of the iceberg with spotify, they simply dont care anymore. Tragic.

Completely agree! It’s been too long.

Mysticjigsaw97

I pay for spotify Family. Which is the highest amount you can pay, to not be allowed to use a block feature. I've been a spotify member since I was 14. So 8 years. Honestly it may even be longer than that I'm not certain. 

Fact of the matter is. I'm being stalked by an ex whose married and is blocked on literally everything else I have.  Since shes able to see what music I listen to. She knows who to go see in town. Because she knows I'll be there. Thankfully I'm friends with the bouncers at the concourse so she was banned from there but shes still allowed at Tennessee theatre and the mill and mine. 

Mysticjigsaw97

I made another acc and had customer service transfer my music to that account. I lost songs that I had saved but kept the playlists. Unfortunately yall put Kevin Giganti as my username so all she had to do was look my name up and find the new account..... lol

Happily single and not trying to hear "you know I still love you right?" And my constant response being "whatever" while I'm **bleep**ed up trying to dance the night away and forget about the pain ya know?

Yolo_15-06-14

Please add this feature, its invasion of privacy to have unwanted followers!

It has already been over a year since this basic social feature was marked as a good idea. That is a shame coming from a company who made listening to music social since they added the following feature without any of the users' opinion! I also can't understand how this is not in your "current road map" this should have been added since the following feature was added. 

Rinoa_H-H

How on EARTH are you going to implement this if someone has followers with random numbers as a username and you don't know who you are blocking? (for those who don't know this you only have a username if you set it from the begining or you have a Facebook account.... if you leave facebook you get ONLY random numbers as a username, and guess what?, YOU CANNOT CHANGE IT!). Please vote also for this idea that Spotify team has as "Not right now" for several years...

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Account-Change-Username/idi-p/703799

Amazing how something SO basic that should be implemented in ANY software application they keep it like that...

¬¬

jade_iemrg

Is there any progress on this?? My ex keeps following me and unfollowing, making rude and insensitive playlists towards me and it’s driving me crazy. 

if we can get a block feature I’d greatly appreciate it...