Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Social] Block Followers

I believe there should be a way to block people that are following you on Spotify. When blocked, the user will automatically unfollow you and will not be able to find you, or view your public playlists.

Blocking should be possible via both username and email address.

Liam

Updated on 2021-11-16

Hi everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Ideas Exchange, and sharing your votes and comments.

We’re pleased to confirm that all users now have the option to block another user on Spotify. With this update, you can actively block another user across desktop and mobile devices, preventing them from being able to see listening activity, public playlists, or view profile pages.

Here’s how it works:

• When visiting another user’s profile, click on the   (...) button.
  • Select “Block” (or “Block User” on mobile) to block the user whose profile you are viewing.
  • This user will now be blocked and cannot access your page, public playlists or view your listening activity.
  • To unblock a user, click the Unblock option in the same menu.

We're always working hard to provide the best possible Spotify experience in a safe environment.

Please see here for more information.

Comments
Garage1881

Yeah it would be wonderful if I could remove my ex wife as a "FOLLOWER" on my Spotify account. Its like her having access to my journal....

Garage1881

Funny I'm still a newbie because of content here, but I've been a die hard Spotify member since 2009 hahaha!

DepravedHeart

Amazed this hasn't been approved yet; rather **bleep** at Spotify for leaving open channels for potential abuse. A person should be able to block all unwelcome approaches. Good example, an unwelcome person sending messages to the victim regarding the current music they're listening to as a reminder that the victim is still being watched.  

Katethekempf

Does anyone have enough capital or time to make this a legal issue? We've heard enough testimony from people whose stalkers use spotify to harass them. It's almost 2020. Every social media platform has the functionality- get it together.

LemonAid

Please put this into effect. I'm sick of getting random followers who know what I'm listening to at all times. And I don't want to prevent my friends from seeing what I'm listening to, so I'm stuck.

Please Spotify, this is like social media 101

Selmynine

I think it is a Basic privacy feature. Someone can easily follow you and stalk your listening habits and playlists. And abuse you on other social media platforms. Please give this issue as much concern as it deserves. Seeing as this is the only platform I know of that doesn’t have a system in place to protect from stalkers. Even at the customer service end. They directed me to this post. As the only hope.

fpalicio

Hello? 2019? Does this even work?

Seriously Spotify? No block yet? wth!!!

ThyQueenAmy

Please make this a feature...I have a really shitty ex boyfriend who follows me and I've blocked him off literally every social media except Spotify for this reason.

Please can this be a thing