Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Social] Block Followers

I believe there should be a way to block people that are following you on Spotify. When blocked, the user will automatically unfollow you and will not be able to find you, or view your public playlists.

Blocking should be possible via both username and email address.

Liam

Updated on 2021-11-16

Hi everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Ideas Exchange, and sharing your votes and comments.

We’re pleased to confirm that all users now have the option to block another user on Spotify. With this update, you can actively block another user across desktop and mobile devices, preventing them from being able to see listening activity, public playlists, or view profile pages.

Here’s how it works:

• When visiting another user’s profile, click on the   (...) button.
  • Select “Block” (or “Block User” on mobile) to block the user whose profile you are viewing.
  • This user will now be blocked and cannot access your page, public playlists or view your listening activity.
  • To unblock a user, click the Unblock option in the same menu.

We're always working hard to provide the best possible Spotify experience in a safe environment.

Please see here for more information.

Comments
noaxhaim

PLEASE add this option to Spotify.
Most of us users must have unwanted followers - both for the account itself and their playlists. the private session and the secret playlists are great options in general, but not if you want to block some specific users instead of hiding all of your content.
Indeed, the only solution is to add the basic possibility of blocking others, like in any other social media.
thank you.

rreysrgn

Yes we should be able to block someone or make our accounts private. There is this one person who is bothering me and I can't even report him. Even though I have the option to report I can't click it. 

DropFlair95

Considering this is a feature in almost all services with a friend/follower system, it seems like a big oversight that, after all these years, spotify is still without it.

cheesycoffee

Years later, still a good idea. Let's prioritize and implement this feature to block followers! 

kh7g-m5n18_h

It's been years, and I love your devs, but please bring this feature now. ❤️ 

Spotify has social characteristics and it would be cool to either have them including a block feature or no follow options at all. 

_b3fmlma7-jz

Have you considered the fact that your not doing this poses a serious safety concern to a lot of your followers? You think stalkers don’t see “gym” playlists and know where people are at that exact moment. I get you’re looking to make a buck, but this seems like a really risky move and at the expense of lots of peoples safety and well-being. 

infernosheep

7500 votes and 7 years later, this still isn't a priority?

bernardoaraujor

Deezer does have that function!

WOK_

It is absolutely irresponsible to not have this feature available to protect users from cyberstalking and intimidation.