Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Social] Block Followers

I believe there should be a way to block people that are following you on Spotify. When blocked, the user will automatically unfollow you and will not be able to find you, or view your public playlists.

Blocking should be possible via both username and email address.

Liam

Updated on 2021-11-16

Hi everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Ideas Exchange, and sharing your votes and comments.

We’re pleased to confirm that all users now have the option to block another user on Spotify. With this update, you can actively block another user across desktop and mobile devices, preventing them from being able to see listening activity, public playlists, or view profile pages.

Here’s how it works:

• When visiting another user’s profile, click on the   (...) button.
  • Select “Block” (or “Block User” on mobile) to block the user whose profile you are viewing.
  • This user will now be blocked and cannot access your page, public playlists or view your listening activity.
  • To unblock a user, click the Unblock option in the same menu.

We're always working hard to provide the best possible Spotify experience in a safe environment.

Please see here for more information.

Comments
Neeway

Almost 7 years. Almost an entire decade that this feature has been requested to be implemented. I have someone following me that I absolutely do NOT want to see or have listening or keeping tabs on what I listen to, while I have others that I like to talk about the music we're listening to. There is nothing I can do about it - and it's to the point where I might have to make another account and lose a lot of the algorithm's interest and music collections I've curated. And if gets to that point I'd rather just switch services.

wackywired135

We're still waiting! It's been two years since your last update. This stuff really isn't hard, you just don't want to make PAYING customers happy.

wackywired135

This is in the top 10 feature requests. A good service listens to it's users if it wants to survive long-term.

CloudWalker5822

Please include it so that you can't see people in your followers list. Or you can also keep unwanted people away from you.

Make the paying costumers happy!

Dawnfalle

Please implement this feature asap! It’s been bothering me for months 😞

AfzalivE

How is this still not added? This is a privacy issue!!

Please implement this feature I am being followed by strange botters and hackers and they are using my spotify to hack my computer!! Need to block help!!! Why isnt this a feature!! Not having a block feature is like saying we dont care about your privacy!!!

lloydevans

How do I unsubscribe from this thread 😂

Maybe time to give up guys

LemonAid

@lloydevans

Had the same problem here too. Go to the top right of the page (to the right of the title) and click the three buttons and find and click unsubscribe.

Also WE WILL NEVER GIVE UP

tbarmstrong9

Total**bleep** that I cannot block or remove followers. 
Or even clear my "Recent Activity" from my Homepage. 
This has been a Spotify problem for years.  No resolution or progress, which tells me that there is a strong business reason they do NOT want to provide this feature, their listeners themselves be damned. 
Every other Spotify response like "we're thinking about it" is a LIE.
Their revenue model depends upon being able to connect users and/or see how songs are being shared via recent activity. 
They CAN NOT or WILL NOT provide this privacy feature.
All other reasons given by paid Customer Non-Service employees are greedy, corporate LIES.