Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Social] Block Followers

I believe there should be a way to block people that are following you on Spotify. When blocked, the user will automatically unfollow you and will not be able to find you, or view your public playlists.

Blocking should be possible via both username and email address.

Liam

Updated on 2021-11-16

Hi everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Ideas Exchange, and sharing your votes and comments.

We’re pleased to confirm that all users now have the option to block another user on Spotify. With this update, you can actively block another user across desktop and mobile devices, preventing them from being able to see listening activity, public playlists, or view profile pages.

Here’s how it works:

• When visiting another user’s profile, click on the   (...) button.
  • Select “Block” (or “Block User” on mobile) to block the user whose profile you are viewing.
  • This user will now be blocked and cannot access your page, public playlists or view your listening activity.
  • To unblock a user, click the Unblock option in the same menu.

We're always working hard to provide the best possible Spotify experience in a safe environment.

Please see here for more information.

Comments
tbarmstrong9

It will NEVER be implemented.
Stop the LIES, Spotify! 
Tell the truth.
Your business model DEPENDS upon being able to connect users and seeing how songs are shared via 'Recent Activity'.  To allow customers to opt out would seriously impact your back-end revenue.  
Just another good app ruined by Corporate Greed.

lolaintheblack

It's too bad they still didn't make it available. Knowing that my stalker might find me and know what I'm listening to is creepy too, it doesn't matter if he doesn't contact me, I just don't want this person to have any informations about me so that he has nothing to cling to. And music that I listen to is a huge thing.

macymadisonc

I am also for this option to delete any followers. Please implement this. I support!

Wolftom

This shouldn't be in voting, this already should be a option...

Nabok

Wow I am quite shocked that this idea was created in 2013 and still nothing happened. I think that blocking followers is a normal right in social media. Every application has it. And still spotify does nothing about it even though it's popular. And I read that this idea should have 50 k likes in order to improve it. How can this happen if not every user is in this spotify community? If spotify make a voting who would want someting like that in application I think everyone would want it. I would really really appriciate if someone do something about it.

Slerberk

Wow.. still nothing regarding this topic.

celbonanno

Spotify!!! This has been an issue since 2013! Time to make the change!

celbonanno

There is a petition to get spotify to add this option!!! Over 17,000 people have signed! https://www.change.org/p/spotify-allow-users-to-block-followers 

Hahaitsyou

7 years and this still ain’t a thing? 

Bustedasshands
  1. Please allow us to remove and block followers. An ex who has stalked me on social for years is still lurking on my playlists. I want to share my music w/ friends and the community, but I want to feel safe too. The idea that he can still moniter me makes me not want to use spotify anymore. Please!