Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Social] Block Followers

I believe there should be a way to block people that are following you on Spotify. When blocked, the user will automatically unfollow you and will not be able to find you, or view your public playlists.

Blocking should be possible via both username and email address.

Liam

Updated on 2021-11-16

Hi everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Ideas Exchange, and sharing your votes and comments.

We’re pleased to confirm that all users now have the option to block another user on Spotify. With this update, you can actively block another user across desktop and mobile devices, preventing them from being able to see listening activity, public playlists, or view profile pages.

Here’s how it works:

• When visiting another user’s profile, click on the   (...) button.
  • Select “Block” (or “Block User” on mobile) to block the user whose profile you are viewing.
  • This user will now be blocked and cannot access your page, public playlists or view your listening activity.
  • To unblock a user, click the Unblock option in the same menu.

We're always working hard to provide the best possible Spotify experience in a safe environment.

Please see here for more information.

Comments

Had to have my entire spotify library moved lost over half of my collection thanks again. Could've been easily fixed it I would have just blocked one single **bleep**ing person.

roberto_nobre

Accepting a follower is not a decision of ours. If someone gets my username on spotify, well guess it's a free pass to stalk whatever I am listening to. I only see 2 options here, either:

- Create a toggle on the settings where you decide weather or not you want to allow your listening activity to be displayed to your followers (I believe this is the easiest solution);

- You create a private account mode, where you have to approve people to follow you (just like most of social networks, like Instagram and Tiktok). You also have to make it available to force the unfollow.

I come to you to ask you gently, please implement this feature! Everything else on spotify is perfectly fine for me meets my demands. I just don't want anyone to know weather I'm listening to some good music, or looping the same song over and over again, or listening to that guilty pleasure band from our childhood.

Thanks for your attention.

jade_iemrg
I am once again promoting this idea bc my toxic ex bf keeps following me to see what I’m listening to and making playlists towards me. It’s highly annoying and an invasion of privacy
nmed

Hello it’s been several years since this topic and concern has been brought up and still no change. For today’s standards I don’t understand why this hasn’t been implemented especially for the safety of others. It’s very inconvenient for those with large playlists and followings to make a new account. We are paying for this service it’s only fair that something as serious as this is completed. Thank you 

adam9023

How is it still not available, after so many requests and concerns? Spotify doesn't care about our privacy at all! This should be made viral

vyzia

I have an abusive ex, it's one thing to unfollow him but knowing that he can still follow me or even be in my life and see anything I might be doing in any way is deeply unsettling and upsetting. I don't want to have to feel this way just knowing that he can still be connected to my life, however small the interaction. 

It's truly disappointing that you haven't made this an option for users considering that I'm sure there are plenty of people going what I'm going through and worse.

This isn't just a fun recommendation, this is a serious suggestion that would benefit many people who could be going through something similar.

Please please please make blocking users an option.

chillllero

We have 2020 and the Idea is not released. What the **bleep**. We need a blocking-Function! Lets go!

catrinejensen

How is this still not a thing? This is a disgrace Spotify, and should be such a simple fix!

lolaintheblack

But seriously! There was a petition somewhere and I posted it in my social media, maybe if we all did that it would help at least get their attention, since they're ignoring us here?

liranna

Any update on it?