Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Social] Block Followers

I believe there should be a way to block people that are following you on Spotify. When blocked, the user will automatically unfollow you and will not be able to find you, or view your public playlists.

Blocking should be possible via both username and email address.

Liam

Updated on 2021-11-16

Hi everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Ideas Exchange, and sharing your votes and comments.

We’re pleased to confirm that all users now have the option to block another user on Spotify. With this update, you can actively block another user across desktop and mobile devices, preventing them from being able to see listening activity, public playlists, or view profile pages.

Here’s how it works:

• When visiting another user’s profile, click on the   (...) button.
  • Select “Block” (or “Block User” on mobile) to block the user whose profile you are viewing.
  • This user will now be blocked and cannot access your page, public playlists or view your listening activity.
  • To unblock a user, click the Unblock option in the same menu.

We're always working hard to provide the best possible Spotify experience in a safe environment.

Please see here for more information.

Comments
Seungwoon

Now it's 2020 and NOTHING changes???

NO WAY

gjijjen

It's crazy that you can't block specific users! 

jade_iemrg
What I’ve been doing is setting all my playlists to private so my ex won’t see and keep checking on me... I desperately need a block button
gjijjen

But people can still see who you're following and vice versa, and stalk you that way.. 

Delete

Skyeblack

WHY HASNT THIS HAPPENED wth

chillllero

I think the Spotify Support dont see this post because its not a priotity on this. I think I write a e-mail to spotify-support. Maybe ^^

WTFfffffffff

why hasn't this happened? So hypocritical how spotify is now removing artists who are sexual abusers from playlists but will not allow us as the community to block our own sexual predators from accessing our profile!!!

SR08

I was a victim of assault in the past and I've contacted Spotify to ask for help blocking someone who's following me. I can't believe not even the team can do this.

Just knowing they can see my every move... feels like a huge invasion of privacy and a constant reminder of those horrible events. This person is only following me, nobody else. It's creepy and it's haunting me.

I love sharing my music with friends and don't want to have to make everything private, so please Spotify consider this – it's a basic feature of any social network!!

Not having this feature has scary repercussions for vulnerable people. If someone is close enough to you to know your listening habits or device access, then they can use the information Spotify displays to figure out where you are and what you are doing.
Scenario 1: An invasive employer who is willing to break boundaries to check on employees working at home.
Scenario 2: A person with malicious intent towards your property uses the information (or lack thereof) to determine if you are out of the house.
Scenario 3: A person with malicious intent towards your person uses the information to determine if you are home and alone.