Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Social] Block Followers

I believe there should be a way to block people that are following you on Spotify. When blocked, the user will automatically unfollow you and will not be able to find you, or view your public playlists.

Blocking should be possible via both username and email address.

Liam

Updated on 2021-11-16

Hi everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Ideas Exchange, and sharing your votes and comments.

We’re pleased to confirm that all users now have the option to block another user on Spotify. With this update, you can actively block another user across desktop and mobile devices, preventing them from being able to see listening activity, public playlists, or view profile pages.

Here’s how it works:

• When visiting another user’s profile, click on the   (...) button.
  • Select “Block” (or “Block User” on mobile) to block the user whose profile you are viewing.
  • This user will now be blocked and cannot access your page, public playlists or view your listening activity.
  • To unblock a user, click the Unblock option in the same menu.

We're always working hard to provide the best possible Spotify experience in a safe environment.

Please see here for more information.

Comments
HibiscusRose

Eight years and no update.

The only option seems to be:

1. Cancel Spotify Premium
  2. Create new Spotify Premium account
  3. Make playlists Public on old Spotify account
  4. Copy over playlists to new Spotify account
  5. RIP Liked Songs that can't transfer over

It's not hard to add a block or removal feature. Spotify is choosing not to implement it.

jemarquezh

This profile is following me called "The Green Raver". It has 66k followers and follows exacly 1000 users. I can't report casue is not an artist but it is.

blake10000

Please give us an option to block people. It's ridiculous that a music streaming app is where people I no longer speak to are keeping tabs on me. I'm not discarding my other followers or playlists to start fresh over a few people. Just give us the update.

blake10000

Also, as suggested by someone a few pages before me, everyone who wants to bring more attention to the blocking feature should reply to the recent release notes. I don't know if Spotify will ever resolve to actually listen to its userbase, but it's worth a try to get their attention through this. Thanks. https://community.spotify.com/t5/Community-Blog/January-2021-Ideas-Review/bc-p/5184155#M19182

maynardb

Still no block feature despite the new UI rollout. Great. Thank you Spotify. I must have missed the petition on this site with tens of thousands of signatures from 2013 begging for them to remove the ability to easily browse saved/liked songs by artist which is why they did that instead of adding a block feature.

emalleus

Users have been asking for this feature for almost a decade. Yet Spotfiy continues to endanger their users by not providing this basic safety and privacy feature.

aflores020

The fact that you cannot block followers in 2021 is pretty insane. It is a very basic privacy feature that Spotify should implement to stop people from being harassed. If I don't want someone to see some information about me, then I should have the ability to not have them see it.

loeffe

Wow. I'm surprised this hasn't been implemented when users have been asking for it since 2013(!)

ZeroZephyr

We're begging for a block feature. It feels so uncomfortable having some stranger and people I no longer want in my life following me.