Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Social] Block Followers

I believe there should be a way to block people that are following you on Spotify. When blocked, the user will automatically unfollow you and will not be able to find you, or view your public playlists.

Blocking should be possible via both username and email address.

Liam

Updated on 2021-11-16

Hi everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Ideas Exchange, and sharing your votes and comments.

We’re pleased to confirm that all users now have the option to block another user on Spotify. With this update, you can actively block another user across desktop and mobile devices, preventing them from being able to see listening activity, public playlists, or view profile pages.

Here’s how it works:

• When visiting another user’s profile, click on the   (...) button.
  • Select “Block” (or “Block User” on mobile) to block the user whose profile you are viewing.
  • This user will now be blocked and cannot access your page, public playlists or view your listening activity.
  • To unblock a user, click the Unblock option in the same menu.

We're always working hard to provide the best possible Spotify experience in a safe environment.

Please see here for more information.

Comments
Staff
Status changed to: Under Consideration

Updated on 2021-06-08

Hey everyone,

We know there has been a lot of demand for this capability and we're changing the status to "under consideration."

While we consider how to best integrate an in-app solution, users can reach out to our 
Customer Support team to permanently remove an account from their followers list.

kaileyleeeee
Thank you so much, although this is despicably long overdue, I have to thank you for this status change. Thank you. Please please please integrate as soon as possible, we are all so grateful.
Zambies86

You’ve only lost more than half of your user base.... but only now are you considering this. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤭🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 it’s too late to listen when people are leaving in droves. Js

sandraxmai

finally "under consideration"

raevynnia
I don't know what you're talking about. But you should be able to realize
that some of us have dangerous, violent ex partners and that their aberrant
behavior has absolutely nothing to do with how we behave or treat anyone
and that we should be able to block anyone we feel is a harasser.
Dana_Scully

Why is this feature still not possible?

I've been on Spotify for almost 10 years now, I don't want to start a new account! I have thousands of musics and playlists here, it's emotional value.. But I'm force to allow my abusive ex to keep following my account. Please do something. 

ParentalControl

Horray It's coming soon: "Under Consideration" means it's coming and in "active development"

Here is the post with the new and directions on how to contact support to get help now in the mean time:

[Social] Block Followers - Page 115 - The Spotify Community

Contact Support:

https://support.spotify.com/article/contact-us/ 

If you contact Customer Support via the indicated link in the post you will be able to have a representative block certain users permanently for you in the mean time while they figure out how to develop/implement a in-app solution. I highly recommend this to those who are having issues with Harassment and stalking to contact support since the in-app solution hasn't be released yet. Make sure to have a link to the users profile so that you can provide it to them when they assist you in the live chat.

louitaly

Spotify should immediately consider protection of privacy one of their priority. Cant have followers that spread hate or fake news on our accounts.  I think is the only platform in world not giving the opportunity to remove followers

ParentalControl

Contacting support does allow you to get followers blocked currently. You must be signed into your account to contact Spotify.

Directions:

http://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-support/

Select "account" then "other" then "I still need help" then select "start chat".

Talk to the bot for bit and say "I want to block a follower" or "I want to block a follower from following my account". Then you will be connected to a real person that will help you further. Be patient it can take few minutes to get a actual person.

Make sure you have the URLs of the followers profiles you wish to block. They will need that to block the follower from your account.

After the account is blocked by the support rep it will be immediate, but it takes maybe a hour or two for all the cosmetic changes to occur on the various apps you use.

Also don't forget to thank the representative because this feature though it's taken a long time is awesome feature to have. Let them know how valuable a features such as blocking followers is to the representative.

skarmamusic

My Spotify artist page is just infested by bot followers which really drive down my chances at getting picked up by algorithm. It sucks that you work so hard to create art and then you get bogged down unfairly. I even considered pulling my songs from Spotify but I’ve stayed put for now. Please allow us to block/unfollow/report bot followers. You will only be doing yourselves a service by letting us red flag these accounts.