Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Social] Block Followers

I believe there should be a way to block people that are following you on Spotify. When blocked, the user will automatically unfollow you and will not be able to find you, or view your public playlists.

Blocking should be possible via both username and email address.

Liam

Updated on 2021-11-16

Hi everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Ideas Exchange, and sharing your votes and comments.

We’re pleased to confirm that all users now have the option to block another user on Spotify. With this update, you can actively block another user across desktop and mobile devices, preventing them from being able to see listening activity, public playlists, or view profile pages.

Here’s how it works:

• When visiting another user’s profile, click on the   (...) button.
  • Select “Block” (or “Block User” on mobile) to block the user whose profile you are viewing.
  • This user will now be blocked and cannot access your page, public playlists or view your listening activity.
  • To unblock a user, click the Unblock option in the same menu.

We're always working hard to provide the best possible Spotify experience in a safe environment.

Please see here for more information.

Comments
Merlin6

Please add this option! There are people that I don't want to interact with anymore that can still view my profile.

GK26

It's actually time to add this option.

Apertune

Why Spotify hasn't implemented this feature yet. It is a must!

fredsocial

Please implement this option

ParentalControl

Leaches are horrible! Please implement this ASAP! aka. Do it to prevent yourselves legal troubles like Facebook.

greedycloset

Please implement this; I have an abusive ex following me.

CasperS

Update on this? what the **bleep**

fredsocial

It is been 8 years since this idea was proposed. 😱

jessrenee

It’s ridiculous that this has not been implemented yet. How are you going to have “followers” be a part of your platform, but then not allow users to control who follows them. Making your playlists private is a stupid and useless suggestion, especially when many users may still want to share their music with certain followers/friends.

mijn_spotify

I think developing this feature should be on the roadmap. This is a real security issue. I don't want to make my music publicly available for everyone. Music is personal so playlists are personal data. Therefore blocking people from following you should be possible (especially when you have stalkers or people in your environment who want to know when or what you published so they can adjust their way of communicating to you). As an IT-person I think this blocking feature is really easy to build for the developers. Just add the 'triple dots menu' icon beneath accounts following you, and add 'block account' to it (asking for confirmation, update database, done). It could also be improved like the way Instagram handles this (making some kind of 'close friends' circle where you want to share playlists with).

I hope this will become a feature real soon.

Sincerely,

Mijn_Spotify (My_Spotify in Dutch)

EDIT: I don't want people follow me at all. Maybe making a 'private' function, will also work (not showing followers).