Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Social] Block Followers

I believe there should be a way to block people that are following you on Spotify. When blocked, the user will automatically unfollow you and will not be able to find you, or view your public playlists.

Blocking should be possible via both username and email address.

Liam

Updated on 2021-11-16

Hi everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Ideas Exchange, and sharing your votes and comments.

We’re pleased to confirm that all users now have the option to block another user on Spotify. With this update, you can actively block another user across desktop and mobile devices, preventing them from being able to see listening activity, public playlists, or view profile pages.

Here’s how it works:

• When visiting another user’s profile, click on the   (...) button.
  • Select “Block” (or “Block User” on mobile) to block the user whose profile you are viewing.
  • This user will now be blocked and cannot access your page, public playlists or view your listening activity.
  • To unblock a user, click the Unblock option in the same menu.

We're always working hard to provide the best possible Spotify experience in a safe environment.

Please see here for more information.

Comments
meahtenoha
Status changed to: Good idea, vote for it
Updated: 2017-02-14

Hey folks, we're changing this status to good idea. We definitely think this is a strong idea, however it isn't in our current road map. The teams behind our social features are aware that you're bringing your feedback here and we're working closely with them to bring forward all your comments and concerns. If there are any updates on blocking Spotify followers we will let you know here first. Thanks everyone!

newbbiespotify

I used to think there's no need to block any followers until my EX-friend who I blocked everywhere on social media except here simply because I can't, and that person aggressively stalking me via spotify, sending mutiple messages. I was so annnoyed and that forced me to quit my old spotify account which have 8000 followers.
All these things happened, I used to "not" having APPLE music, nowI have one and might consider to use that instead of Spotify, because on spotify, I can't see who follow my playlist, I don't know if they have similar music interest like me, and if there's a potential criminal i want to block I can't .The only things I can do is to leave Spotify or let them harrasing me until I decided to make all things not public, and not hoping to have any regular followers. Then, there's no need to stay on Spotify, just use AppleMusic, but that's just my opinon. 

Steffen2105

Pleeeeaaaassssseeeee many people want that feature ! 

ChronicKTA

I'm deleting my account if this problem is not resolved in thirty days

ChronicKTA

It's **bleep** ridiculous that I boot people out of my life in real life but they're still floating around my social media with no way to remove them 

ChronicKTA

Spotify does not respect its customers enough to implement this feature in a timely fashion. It's been a problem for over five years, check your forums. I'm going to switch to Apple Music if the feature to block followers isn't available 30 days from now. Good day

sandy_93

It's been four years since this idea was brought up to you and you still haven't made a function that blocks followers. Could you please do it! I don't want my ex to follow me for ever and I don't want to end my account and do a new one just to get rid of him! Add the freakin' blocking function god dammit!!

Well, I can´t block followers, then bye spotify.

I'm switching to Apple Music

bingo_d

How long does it take your devs to write an SQL command and add a button to a list in your app? This isn't a hard fix and anyone worth their weight in coding could do it in an hour.

It seems more like a deliberate "yeah we're not doin' that" over "we are considering it but its not on the road map" since it's been an issue since you integrated following and social media (four years as noted above)
I guess you don't care about the people you are losing (quick google shows people deleting accounts) and all the posts that are made about people feeling attacked by people like crazy exs or harassers following them and getting intimate knowledge about them. But hey they are just a monthly payment not a real person right? 

Please?!