Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Social] Block Followers

I believe there should be a way to block people that are following you on Spotify. When blocked, the user will automatically unfollow you and will not be able to find you, or view your public playlists.

Blocking should be possible via both username and email address.

Liam

Updated on 2021-11-16

Hi everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Ideas Exchange, and sharing your votes and comments.

We’re pleased to confirm that all users now have the option to block another user on Spotify. With this update, you can actively block another user across desktop and mobile devices, preventing them from being able to see listening activity, public playlists, or view profile pages.

Here’s how it works:

• When visiting another user’s profile, click on the   (...) button.
  • Select “Block” (or “Block User” on mobile) to block the user whose profile you are viewing.
  • This user will now be blocked and cannot access your page, public playlists or view your listening activity.
  • To unblock a user, click the Unblock option in the same menu.

We're always working hard to provide the best possible Spotify experience in a safe environment.

Please see here for more information.

Comments
sylvie2

I agree. I would love the freedom to publish my activity without worrying about certain people who I would feel uncomfortable having access to my spotify listening activity. It would be very helpful to have a feature which lets you allow which followers can view your activity, and would make my listening experience much more relaxed

nikkiallegretto

PLLEEASSEEE make this happen. I want my profile to be public to everyone except 1 particulary annoying person from my past. I don't want to have to make all of my playlists private because I still want my friends and any new followers to be able to see my music. I just don't want a toxic ex to continue to steal all of my songs and stalk my playlists. This feature would be amazing for my mental health. 🙂 

P.S. I don't think this should be limited to people who follow you. The person I want to block doesn't physically follow me on Spotify anymore but I see him listening to my playlists and stealing my songs when I go to his page. I'd really like to block him so he can't see my playlists AND so I can't see his. 

Zambies86
The SAD SAD truth... Don't count on spotify doing anything but taking your
money.... Been over a month, and despite having a restraining order, that
is permanent at that... All I keep getting is; "it will be forwarded to the
right people, rest assured..." But yet, NOTHING ever gets done.... Try
Apple music. They have a similar platform and protect their users
privacy..... Costs less than spotify too.... They don't care...

Sent from my iPhone
Oliver31

Actually, I think this is not an idea to vote for!?

It is a must-have from legal perspective to ensure local/global data privacy rights like GDPR. 

Please take this into accout to fulfill this legal regulations with the feature or the possibility to contact your support team that take of those issues (e.g. cyber-stalking, ensuring privacy).

AJMC12

I'm not sure if the "retaining a community" statement put forth by Spotify regaurding not adding this feature really holds water. If that were truely important to the company I think the chat function would still be around.

I think blocking or removing followers should be an option for the sake of everyones privcy.

Another less effective solution would be to simply remove the timed function of the Private Session switch so it wouldn't expire until you turned if off manually.

flyinllama

... it's been an issue for 5 years already and no changes from Spotify. 

Spotify team, you KNOW that it IS a good idea and this functionality is vital fro Spotify users - but why don't you take actions regarding this matter..? Personally, I do not believe that it is such a hard task to complete.

Please take actions ASAP - Spotify users NEED this.

Thanks.

jessman5

how is this still not implemented?

Zambies86

Because they still don’t care... I haven’t paid this month... and I won’t give Spotify my money anymore.... STILL HAVE NO ET TO GET AN EMAIL FEOM UPPER MANAGEMENT ON THIS... Further proving my point.... all they care about is the money. #boycottspotify. I’ve already made the switch to Apple Music.

Zambies86

@flyinllama wrote:

... it's been an issue for 5 years already and no changes from Spotify. 

Spotify team, you KNOW that it IS a good idea and this functionality is vital fro Spotify users - but why don't you take actions regarding this matter..? Personally, I do not believe that it is such a hard task to complete.

Please take actions ASAP - Spotify users NEED this.

Thanks.

yeah... they don’t care about the user... all they care about is our money....

Zambies86

They also have removed MANY of my comments bc they don’t want y’all to know what’s REALLY going on @ spotify... Censorship is strong here on the forums. And I’m not the only one they’re trying to keep quit. I even was banned from commenting last month... Spotify this is sickening