Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Social] Block Followers

I believe there should be a way to block people that are following you on Spotify. When blocked, the user will automatically unfollow you and will not be able to find you, or view your public playlists.

Blocking should be possible via both username and email address.

Liam

Updated on 2021-11-16

Hi everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Ideas Exchange, and sharing your votes and comments.

We’re pleased to confirm that all users now have the option to block another user on Spotify. With this update, you can actively block another user across desktop and mobile devices, preventing them from being able to see listening activity, public playlists, or view profile pages.

Here’s how it works:

• When visiting another user’s profile, click on the   (...) button.
  • Select “Block” (or “Block User” on mobile) to block the user whose profile you are viewing.
  • This user will now be blocked and cannot access your page, public playlists or view your listening activity.
  • To unblock a user, click the Unblock option in the same menu.

We're always working hard to provide the best possible Spotify experience in a safe environment.

Please see here for more information.

Comments
thetinyshiloh

I used to keep my spotify profile to myself mostly, so the only follower I have is.... my abusive ex. And I can't block him or force unfollow. I'd like to one day involve my friends in my music stuff and have some public playlists or something, but I don't currently do that because it's the only way to prevent him from seeing any of my activity. I have all the privacy settings turned up, no public playlists, and I am vigilant about always turning on private sessions (that expire after 6 hours????) because of how much anxiety it causes me knowing he could see my stuff otherwise.

I shouldn't have to jump through these hoops and limit the ways i get to use Spotify simply because your team won't prioritize a blocking function. Meanwhile, my abuser can use it as he pleases without a care in the world....

imthemishra5

they should add a feature to see playlist followers

KMFH

I’ve been commenting on this topic for the last year. I canceled my subscription Monday,  with privacy being so big to companies It’s not on their road map to protect us for all the reasons users have been brave enough to share.

I hope there has been some update on this idea, as I would very much like to have the ability to do this.

Still no update despite the amount of interest and posts about this (and the amount of years its been)!!! 
I cancelled my spotify premium a couple of months ago and very clearly let them know in the comment box that THIS was why. I'd actually rather play music on youtube through all the ads, all the annoying intros, everything, rather than PAY for my ex to stalk me

flyinllama

how is it going on since then..? Quite a LONG road map, huh?

Spotify, please please please implement this. Music is such a big part of all of our lives and is therefore very personal. I want to be able to share the music I love with my friends, but I feel like I am still unable to do so ( despite joining this discussion in January ) because an unsavoury character is following my page and loves to take every opportunity to **bleep** with my life. Just add it to the roadmap already - this is BASIC. Over 70 pages of requests for this to be added now, don't you think this is getting a little ridiculous?

youngbacchus2

Spotify doesn't care about the privacy and protection of its users. I cancel my subscription today as I am followed by over 100 people that I do not know with some even having inappropriate profiles that I cannot even report. Disgraceful.

drvitorino

so many years asking for this, it is said that developers are not working on it, too much money involved in such platform and they can not add this simple feature! 

I am thinnking about cancelling my premium account due to an undesirable follower.

Fragile_EXT

It is a shame that it is so often requested and still not implemented! It is a basic function!!!