Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Social] Block Followers

I believe there should be a way to block people that are following you on Spotify. When blocked, the user will automatically unfollow you and will not be able to find you, or view your public playlists.

Blocking should be possible via both username and email address.

Liam

Updated on 2021-11-16

Hi everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Ideas Exchange, and sharing your votes and comments.

We’re pleased to confirm that all users now have the option to block another user on Spotify. With this update, you can actively block another user across desktop and mobile devices, preventing them from being able to see listening activity, public playlists, or view profile pages.

Here’s how it works:

• When visiting another user’s profile, click on the   (...) button.
  • Select “Block” (or “Block User” on mobile) to block the user whose profile you are viewing.
  • This user will now be blocked and cannot access your page, public playlists or view your listening activity.
  • To unblock a user, click the Unblock option in the same menu.

We're always working hard to provide the best possible Spotify experience in a safe environment.

Please see here for more information.

Comments
alperendvl

I don't think that spotify cares about our suggestions, they just do whatever they want to do

Why would you put such a feature if you don't care about our suggestions?

ihsanakkoc

Came here after customer support. We really need this feature

kombuchatime

Please let your users block other users. I have been using Spotify premium since 2012 and I am going to delete my account if this isn't addressed soon. People make their whole playlist collection private to avoid just one user seeing them, preventing us from sharing playlists with people that would otherwise enjoy them and discovering new artists. 

Misamoosa

I would love if my abuser was not able to have ANY access to me. Not having control over my space and who has access to me is unreasonable. Please give us the freedom to protect ourselves from people who wish to harm us by keeping them out of all aspects of out lives. 

What I listen to is intimate and having my abuser have any access to me is unreasonable. 

Please do something about this! It's been more than seven years since this post was made and two years since it was changed to a 'good idea'. Don't you see the comments of people literally speaking about their own safety and wishing to be able to block abusers and stalkers? Please implement this feature, it would seriously help us out🙏

catgonzo7548

I find it insane in 2020 that this is not a feature. Spotify needs to address this as soon as possible. 

secbitchris

Y’all got till January 1. Then I’m deleting Spotify forever. 

piapiapia

it has been seven years & people are trying to reach out to you on every platform possible to get this feature ...

InTheFlesh

I am joining the growing list of folk switching away from Spotify and to Apple Music if this isn't implemented by the new year. Absolutely ridiculous people have been asking to be able to block stalkers, exes, and other people they want cut out of their lives for seven years now and nothing has come about it. Are you short-staffed, Spotify? It would take me alone maybe two hours to develop this. Lack of time and effort cannot possibly be what's delaying this.

ZenBushido

Spotify is promoting this type of behavior which is why they haven't implemented the simple fix. There's simply no other explanation. Every other platform out there allows you to block a user, but not Stalkify.