Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Social] Block Followers

I believe there should be a way to block people that are following you on Spotify. When blocked, the user will automatically unfollow you and will not be able to find you, or view your public playlists.

Blocking should be possible via both username and email address.

Liam

Updated on 2021-11-16

Hi everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Ideas Exchange, and sharing your votes and comments.

We’re pleased to confirm that all users now have the option to block another user on Spotify. With this update, you can actively block another user across desktop and mobile devices, preventing them from being able to see listening activity, public playlists, or view profile pages.

Here’s how it works:

• When visiting another user’s profile, click on the   (...) button.
  • Select “Block” (or “Block User” on mobile) to block the user whose profile you are viewing.
  • This user will now be blocked and cannot access your page, public playlists or view your listening activity.
  • To unblock a user, click the Unblock option in the same menu.

We're always working hard to provide the best possible Spotify experience in a safe environment.

Please see here for more information.

Comments
MLBurke

Suggested seven whole years ago, and y'all can't just add a tiny button so you can call it done?

dshents

Abusers should not be able to have access to victims spotify accounts through being a follower. I think a block option should be a priority.

petp763

Please @spotify, this has been open for years now, road map or not it is your users asking for privacy! We don't need stalkers to know when we listen to music. This is a huge lack of privacy. 

gabebro

Every other social media website offers the basic function of blocking. It's ludicrous that Spotify, a website and app that is currently dominating the market and music industry, does not offer this simple function. It is insensitive to victims of domestic abuse and harassment. Something as common as a breakup could make a user want to simply block another user, and this would not affect either user in continuing to use Spotify.

Sure, an individual could just choose to not use Spotify or could delete their account and remake a new one, but this a huge hassle that could be made much more user friendly and simple by adding a block option.

SierraWallen

It's so frustrating this hasn't been added still. 7 years and thousands of likes later and still no block button. I don't want to have to have all my playlists on private just so I can have peace of mind from one scary ex. 

Please address this, it can't be that difficult and it'd really help victims from being uncomfortable.

SierraWallen

90 pages of comments on this over 7 years...pleeeease spotify

cornermatt
i can’t believe i get notifications on this thread almost Daily and spotify
still chooses not to do anything
Carolina131

Once again, I’m commenting hoping it’ll make a small difference. I get notifications from this thread MULTIPLE TIMES A DAY. If that doesn’t tell you something I don’t know what does. This is a basic safety feature that needs to be implemented. I have people I want to block and my situation isn’t as dire as others on here. I can’t even imagine how people who are victims of abuse and more must feel having their perpetrators following them. Please fix this. 

toppentjejen
Me too
ZenBushido

Stalkify doesn't even watch this thread. They responded for a while that it was "a good idea" but it's obviously not on the road map. Maybe they just don't have the talent to build basic fundamental software and we should lighten??? Maybe they've been trying to figure out this most basic of a feature that literally the entire internet offers, but they can't connect the dots on how to do it in their app? Poor Stalkify. All that money and can't hire a decent developer or Product Manager.