Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Social] Block Followers

I believe there should be a way to block people that are following you on Spotify. When blocked, the user will automatically unfollow you and will not be able to find you, or view your public playlists.

Blocking should be possible via both username and email address.

Liam

Updated on 2021-11-16

Hi everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Ideas Exchange, and sharing your votes and comments.

We’re pleased to confirm that all users now have the option to block another user on Spotify. With this update, you can actively block another user across desktop and mobile devices, preventing them from being able to see listening activity, public playlists, or view profile pages.

Here’s how it works:

• When visiting another user’s profile, click on the   (...) button.
  • Select “Block” (or “Block User” on mobile) to block the user whose profile you are viewing.
  • This user will now be blocked and cannot access your page, public playlists or view your listening activity.
  • To unblock a user, click the Unblock option in the same menu.

We're always working hard to provide the best possible Spotify experience in a safe environment.

Please see here for more information.

Comments
user1356

If spotify want their platform to have inherently social features such as following, sharing playlists and seeing what others are listening to, then it would seem that we should also have the right to control WHO can follow or interact with our profile. I cannot believe we as consumers are so rampantly being disregarded and ignored. This is ANTI consumer behaviour. 

lostandamned

please provide this opportunity :(((

awinterbear

This is really quite concerning considering that I have heard talks of Spotify adding a stories feature to the platform...without even giving us an option to view who is following our playlists or BLOCK certain people from following us. A bit of backstory here: I have two stalkers right now; it's gotten so bad that I deleted all other social media except for an anonymous Tumblr, a burner account on Twitter to keep up with my favorite band, and Weverse. One of my stalkers is dead-set on trying to ruin my life, and the other one is a friend of my other stalker who still has videos of me saved on her phone along...after 3 years of stalking me now. This is concerning. Even worse, I realize that I am not the worst-case scenario here. Imagine if somebody's abusive ex partner or parent is stalking them on Spotify. Sure, it's just a music streaming platform; but if you people want to implement unnecessary features to the website that make it more like any other social media, then you damn well better start with a block function- that actually works. I do not want these people to interact with me. I don't even want these people to find me. I know that many others agree with me. You people better act fast on this because this is scary and infuriating.  

Hey twats its 2021 and you don**bleep** I want to remove these **bleep**ing fake accounts that every month follow me its so annoying to**bleep** fake profiles that follow you

Arichardson03

I think this idea is becoming increasingly more needed with all the stalkers that are around, or exes.

GtRB

Why isn't this still a thing?

sandraxmai

It's now 2021 and still nothing 

zeyycskun

Please. You can't keep ignoring us. That's really shitty. You just keep giving everyone social anxiety and make them want to delete their accounts.

zeyycskun
  • Just please, please. You want your users to beg for their privacy? What kind of platform are you? I've come to a point where I don't even want to listen to music or podcasts anymore. I am sick of people following me. So shitty of you "Support" Team.
zeyycskun

Please hear us out and enable the feature for blocking followers.