Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Social] Friendship Playlists

Alright listen up, you are meeting someone for the first time or carpooling or you met a friend of a friend and how do you get to know them best? Through their music taste. In fact, you really want to be jamming out with them but you just don’t know what songs they like and you really don’t want that awkward silence when you know a song and they’re like.........uh......... I don’t know the words. What’s the solution you ask? A friendship playlist. You would find your friend on spotify and there would be a button next to their name that says “friendship playlist” which would automatically create a collaborative playlist consisting of all the songs you have both put on your playlists, 100% guaranteed bangin’ time while you both sing along to the songs that you both know!

Updated on 2021-10-16

Hi everyone!

We're happy to announce that this feature has now been implemented.

You now have the option to invite a friend to join a Blend playlist which will include songs you both enjoy 🙂

For more information be sure to check out the Newsroom blog and our FAQ

Happy listening 🎶

Comments

That's a great idea! For now you can use a the following website to mash the playlists of your top songs of 2018 together: http://static.echonest.com/MashYourMusic

-Vincent

-03-H-Colls

Great idea!

chalkpitrecords

Collab Playlsit would be such a good idea

arnavsareen123

Hello,

Thats a really cool idea. I would definetly like that option, so you can get to know a person better. The only other thing I say is to have an on/off button to this, because if you want your music to be private, then you should be able to. But other than that, this is a really good idea, @bajoomba!!!

Hope spotify uses the idea!

maccmoney

you must of been in that situation lol.Great idea though.

claudiaaaaa

This would avoid so many arguments during roadtrips.  I love this idea!

jsannn

That would be awesome. Let's hope it gets implemented

purpmagik

Great idea ! because often times music taste can tell you a lot about somebody. And finding commonalities through music would help you find commonalities in life. 🙂

ONCEMeth

This is actually a pretty good feature if added, I vote for this.

zzsyn

sweet!
if this is not officially implemented (reason probably being not wanting to overcroud/overcomplicate the service with features) it's quite possible that it could be done by a third party app using Spotify's API. I could investigate that if anyone is interested.