Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Social] Friendship Playlists

Alright listen up, you are meeting someone for the first time or carpooling or you met a friend of a friend and how do you get to know them best? Through their music taste. In fact, you really want to be jamming out with them but you just don’t know what songs they like and you really don’t want that awkward silence when you know a song and they’re like.........uh......... I don’t know the words. What’s the solution you ask? A friendship playlist. You would find your friend on spotify and there would be a button next to their name that says “friendship playlist” which would automatically create a collaborative playlist consisting of all the songs you have both put on your playlists, 100% guaranteed bangin’ time while you both sing along to the songs that you both know!

Updated on 2021-10-16

Hi everyone!

We're happy to announce that this feature has now been implemented.

You now have the option to invite a friend to join a Blend playlist which will include songs you both enjoy 🙂

For more information be sure to check out the Newsroom blog and our FAQ

Happy listening 🎶

Comments
gBasgaard

I love this idea!

Daisy

This is an amazing idea! I love it 🙂 

dadeens

I love this idea! Spotify please make this happen. I always get so nervous playing my music around people because i want everyone to be enjoying themselves or else i wont enjoy myself and this would save me a lot of trouble.

cypa

This idea is awesome. Would love to see it grab songs you both have saved in addition to songs you both have added to playlists, as well as a Discover Weekly/Release Radar/Radio-like algorithm that would add new songs based on your shared likes. I would suggest it be a radio station that you can tweak, but Spotify has already started on their way to ruining that feature by removing likes/dislikes..

akohanim21

this is a sick idea!!! i never thought about this but it would be so useful! i literally have to take so much time to make playlists i can listen to with each of my friends

huck555

I love this concept. How could it be implemented in the general Social Media.. Facebook Group?

I wish there was a more social connection in Spotify. I think listening parties would be brilliant.

Here's one I share with my daughter.
https://open.spotify.com/user/122727171/playlist/1wavVWJgBsx971RRaGt7S6

Please reply

Stephen Rapp

Jpgchief
Status changed to: New Suggestion

I can´t imagine the outcome of this function and I don´t think that i would use it, but if it existed would be ok.

A_Musicophile

I certainly like this idea!

stanward2

Great idea!

Jose_M
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2019-05-01

Thanks for bringing your ideas to the Community! Marked as a new idea 🙂