Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Social] Friendship Playlists

Alright listen up, you are meeting someone for the first time or carpooling or you met a friend of a friend and how do you get to know them best? Through their music taste. In fact, you really want to be jamming out with them but you just don’t know what songs they like and you really don’t want that awkward silence when you know a song and they’re like.........uh......... I don’t know the words. What’s the solution you ask? A friendship playlist. You would find your friend on spotify and there would be a button next to their name that says “friendship playlist” which would automatically create a collaborative playlist consisting of all the songs you have both put on your playlists, 100% guaranteed bangin’ time while you both sing along to the songs that you both know!

Updated on 2021-10-16

Hi everyone!

We're happy to announce that this feature has now been implemented.

You now have the option to invite a friend to join a Blend playlist which will include songs you both enjoy 🙂

For more information be sure to check out the Newsroom blog and our FAQ

Happy listening 🎶

Top Answer
Gaweringo
Casual Listener

There is something in Spotify called Blend, which lets you send a link to someone and Spotify creates a Playlist of 50 songs that both of you should like. It's under Search -> Made for you -> Blend. It's still in Beta so idk if this is availible to everyone or just people that are in the beta program. But I still agree that a way to merge playlists or create a Blend without having to leave Spotify to send a link would be nice.

Comments
stanward2

Innovative idea!  Do it Spotify!  Fantastic feature for parties for everyone to love the music.

ex_nihilo

That's a such a good idea. I hope it'll become reality! Cheers

bobloblaw123

I started working on something like this for myself. Would anyone like to preview it when its ready?

Jᴀᴄᴋ
Dont we have collaborative playlists already?
MenaPedreira

Sooo good! Great idea 

olivia41400

This is a great idea! My friends and I are always sharing tunes with each other on whatsapp etc but it would be awesome to be able to have an automatically created playlist of all the things we all already like, and also recommended new songs for us to try as a group.

TomLegend
Status changed to: Good idea, vote for it

Updated on 2019-09-18

Hey folks, 

Thanks for adding your vote to this idea. We're marking this as a 'Good Idea'!

Please know your feedback is reaching the internal teams at Spotify, and they're aware of the votes around this idea. We'll continue to check out the comments here too.

As a heads up, Family Mix is available to users on the Family plan. It's a playlist that combines the music you and other members on your plan listen to. 

Thanks for coming to the Idea Exchange. 

huggyfee

Oh my - Family Mix - a mix of music my Family likes mixed with music I like. Result: A mix where everybody can look around and say, 'Who likes *this* song' and publicly shame them.

Or Mum & Dad listening to 'Grandma we love you' followed by 'Smack My **bleep** up' followed by a song with lyrics with intermittent lines ending with the word '**bleep**' (hint - sounds like 'bigger').

What a way to bring a family together! Praise be!

HarryCzdjay

Guten Abend

Ich hätte eine Frage bezüglich meiner Playlist's.
Da ich Ihr App benutze um Musik Hobby mässig aufzulegen. Mein DJ Pro 2 Programm erlaubt mir den Zugriff auf Spotify, weshalb ich mir dieses Programm gekauft habe. Ausschliesslich aus diesem einem Grund.
Nun meine Frage. Kann ich mir meine Playlist kaufen? Kommt die Funktion irgendwann? Würde dies nur Fair gegenüber den Artisten finden.
Finde es sehr anstrengend, jeden Track, Arist oder Album einzeln kaufen zu müssen, wenn ich doch schon meine eigene VA erstellt habe 🙂
Würde mich über eine Antwort, freuen.

Freundliche Grüsse
Czerniak Harald

MenaPedreira

love this!! best idea i've seen in a while here. please make this happen