[Social] Get notified when someone near you listens to the same song as you

When you listen to a song, wouldn't it be great to see how many people near you are listening to that same song. As example, when you are traveling by train and you listen to a song and you get a notification that one person in the train is also listening to that song. In this way by turning your location on you can become friends with people who have the same music taste.

Updated on 2018-09-21

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community and adding your vote to this idea!

We're marking this idea as 'Not Right Now' for the time being, as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we have any new info to share, we'll check back in here.

Thanks.

Comments
Rowenfaber

Love it

Chiarakool

Perfect idea

hayawim

NICE IDEA

Jo-landa

Great idea!!! 

bryanposthuma

YES THIS IS WHAT SPOTIFY NEEDS

Imane
Casual Listener

I love this idea!

Dagmarkeen

that is such a good idea!

Surfcaster_alfa
Casual Listener

Yes - great idea.  Would work well in tandem with my “Frequency with Friends”.  We are on the edge of a new sharing era.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/Live-Frequency-with-Friends/idi-p/4232393

LeoRager
Community Legend
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2018-01-12

Hi! Thanks for the feedback!
Edited the title and marked as new idea :)
/L

Minasti_7

Beautiful idea. Some people like me are shy to iniciate a conversation with strangers in public, this could be motivational to start one! Now about the location, it could be added a custom range of distance to show that people on a map, imagine people trying to search each others like pokemons in Pokemon Go XD specially with not "popular" songs, not bad. This can work in the android app but what about the windows version? Not all the ISPs show the precise location, plus idk if would be annoying you at home (with pc or mobile) and people outside trying to find you, ofc should have an option to deactivate this. After all,you NEED to implement this, we really need it for a better world ;).