Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Social] CURIOUS TO HEAR WHAT PERSON NEXT TO YOU LISTENING TO? Music Sharing

Hello,

Just imagine a situation:

You are sitting in the bus. And listening to your favourite music on headphones. When you notice a cute person who is sitting in the bus too, and really enjoying the music, while shaking head with the beat. So curious.. WHAT SHE/HE IS LISTENING TO?!
How to know that? You take your phone from your pocket and open spotify app. There you see everyperson in 50m radius who is using Spotify and shares their music. And you see that she is listening for A-HA - TAKE ON MEE!. You connect to her music and listen to this song also. And when the bus stops, you leave it and say to her/him: ARE YOU PLANNING TO GO TO A-HA CONCERT THIS SUMMER? I LOVE THIS SONG TOO.
And you live happily ever after ❤️
THE END (Or maybe just a beginning 🙂
___

So, the thing is : a possibility to look for surrounding spotify users and see what they are listening. A possibility to connect to their song. A possibility to turn ON or turn OFF music sharing (maybe you would like a private moment, and dont want to see everyone listening for your "shame songs" haha!

I personally really really often pass a person with headphones and am very very curious, what they are listening to that moment.

LIKE THIS IDEA? PLEASE VOTE UP AND LETS CREATE EVEN BETTER, CONNECTED SPOTIFY COMMUNITY 

Cheers,
Arturas from Lithuania

Updated on 2023-03-30

Hey everyone,

It seems that this idea ended up in the wrong board accidentally, so we're bringing it back.

We're keeping the previous Not Right Now status, as we don't have any immediate plans to implement this. As soon as we have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here.

Take care.

Comments
Rodolodo

Great idea!

jackhunt

Or like a live listeners count ie  10000 people currently listening to this song

Marth8880

Interesting idea but there's definitely privacy concerns with this - not to mention that it would likely put somewhat of a drain on your battery. 😛

Not that this is a bad idea, but would knowing that someone near you might be listening to the same song as you are right now change much? I mean in a situation of either you or them coming up to the other and going "Hey, I'm listening to the same song right now! Cool, huh?" what are the odds of the other person turning and walking speedily away from some random stranger?

I guess alternatively there would be a chat function but then why not change Spotify into a pseudo-facebook for music? Or have it sync up with facebook, which I sure as **bleep** wouldn't want.

Ozymandias-Ag

I'd rather not give Spotify a reason to ask for my location. 

ltufek

Love this idea so much!! ❤️

bristolash19910

love it 

Melody
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Updated on 2018-09-21

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community and adding your vote to this idea!

We're marking this idea as 'Not Right Now' for the time being, as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we have any new info to share, we'll check back in here.

Thanks.

sociableleroy

This idea is really amazing, please do it ASAP! :')

Ryloguy

If this were implemented they should probably have an option to disable it. I would worry about it's affects on battery life.