[Social] Get notified when someone near you listens to the same song as you

When you listen to a song, wouldn't it be great to see how many people near you are listening to that same song. As example, when you are traveling by train and you listen to a song and you get a notification that one person in the train is also listening to that song. In this way by turning your location on you can become friends with people who have the same music taste.

Updated on 2018-09-21

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community and adding your vote to this idea!

We're marking this idea as 'Not Right Now' for the time being, as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we have any new info to share, we'll check back in here.

Thanks.

Comments
Tensin

I know for sure that's not gonna happen, but it would be totally awesome.

charles-309

seria legal  se todos que estao ouvindo uma musica   seja do outro lado do mundo  ate que gostaria muito de compartilha minhas musicas com os meus amigos(as) londres, polonia, cairo , egyit, iraq, australia, emirados arabes, apesar dos fusos horarios  mas eles gosta de  ouvir  no brasil  de madrugada e la dia ou noite nao importa   fica muito legal  thanks

charles-309

I agree with you.tensin

edman222
Regular

My comment is not exactly a nw idea.  It is more like asking for a reason why and can it be corrected?

peteranti
Music Fan

i find that a terrible idea.

Spotify is for listening to music. please dont turn it into another social network.

crematedman
Community Legend

This would be seriously cool!

nomolasses-us
Music Fan

That sounds frighteningly terrible. 

ItsPugle
Community Legend

Although I'd be slightly (understatement) spooked to know that others are getting notifications that I'm listening to the same tunes as them, I'd love to see something along the lines of this/'Popular near you' feature :) Hopefully Spotify will be able to make this happen soon!

Rodolodo

Great idea!

jackhunt

Or like a live listeners count ie  10000 people currently listening to this song