[Social] Get notified when someone near you listens to the same song as you

When you listen to a song, wouldn't it be great to see how many people near you are listening to that same song. As example, when you are traveling by train and you listen to a song and you get a notification that one person in the train is also listening to that song. In this way by turning your location on you can become friends with people who have the same music taste.

Updated on 2018-09-21

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community and adding your vote to this idea!

We're marking this idea as 'Not Right Now' for the time being, as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we have any new info to share, we'll check back in here.

Thanks.

Related Ideas

Comments
Marth8880

Interesting idea but there's definitely privacy concerns with this - not to mention that it would likely put somewhat of a drain on your battery. :p

Raggle_Fraggle
Casual Listener

Not that this is a bad idea, but would knowing that someone near you might be listening to the same song as you are right now change much? I mean in a situation of either you or them coming up to the other and going "Hey, I'm listening to the same song right now! Cool, huh?" what are the odds of the other person turning and walking speedily away from some random stranger?

I guess alternatively there would be a chat function but then why not change Spotify into a pseudo-facebook for music? Or have it sync up with facebook, which I sure as **bleep** wouldn't want.

Ozymandias-Ag
Regular

I'd rather not give Spotify a reason to ask for my location. 

ltufek

Love this idea so much!! <3

bristolash19910

love it 

Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Updated on 2018-09-21

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community and adding your vote to this idea!

We're marking this idea as 'Not Right Now' for the time being, as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we have any new info to share, we'll check back in here.

Thanks.

sociableleroy
Regular

This idea is really amazing, please do it ASAP! :')

Ryloguy
Casual Listener

If this were implemented they should probably have an option to disable it. I would worry about it's affects on battery life.