Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Social] Party Mode with DJ that approves songs

A mode where there is one "DJ" who has ultimate control over the music being played while others can join the party and suggest songs they want to be played through the app.  The "DJ" can decide if/when to play the suggested songs.

Updated on 2020-06-25

Hi everyone!
Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.
We're marking this as a 'Good Idea'.
Please know your feedback is reaching the internal teams at Spotify, and they're aware of the votes around this idea. We'll continue to check out the comments here, too.
If there are any updates, we'll let you know.
Thanks

Comments
28monkeycat

IAGREE! I just thought of this and was gonna email Spotify about ut but now I'm here and I really thought I did something but u have already thought of it! AMAZING. SPOTIFY MAKE THSI HAPPEN. IF NETFLIX CAN MAKE NETFLIX PARTY THEN U CAN MAKE SPOTIFY FIESTA!!!!!😄😋🎉

KDancer

My Idea is very similar to this one.  

Lock downs and quarantines have forced dancers to gather remotely through conferencing type apps such as Zoom.  However, music quality is very poor when playing music over Zoom.  Allow the instructor or director of the dance team to create a playlist.  The playlist will be shared with all dancers but the music will be played from each person's individual phones instead of over Zoom.  This should dramatically improve music quality because right now the music fades a lot and sometimes fades out completely where we can't hear the music at all.  The instructor will have control over the playlist - what songs are being played and when the music starts and stops.   

This would be popular for remote: Zumba groups, dance parties and dance teams.

Santana91

This is a great idea for a feature that would be perfectly timed at this very moment; with social distancing, virtual house parties and probably a summer of cancelled festivals. I have kicked around the idea with friends multiple times in the past week alone.

Make it happen, Spotify!

anthonphax

I do not know about this DJ idea... I think it should be a way to mix the musical tastes of different profiles to create unique playlists in each situation, which would be based on a mix of the musical tastes of each participant of the 'party'.

alesssawyer

this really would be a amazing! 
it's been on my mind for ages & tonight i did some research as to when or if this would be possible & i see that you're working on something, & i really just want to express how much value it'd add to my life & the life of those friends of mine who love to share music. so to create a radio of sorts where everyone can listen to music together & queue tracks, well that'd just be amazing! 
i don't necessarily think someone needs to 'approve it'. just to share a live stream together! 

eliasundal

Check out this article I found through an older post on the same subject1 Would be really cool to implement this feature!

https://medium.com/@austincondiff/spotify-please-consider-the-following-3033e9c25cc7

sarahfelldown

Love this idea. Used to use Turntable.fm with my friends on a daily basis, each of us adding songs to the queue, vetoing terrible ones and chatting while we were all separated at our jobs!

Akrisalis

Playing music together would be perfect during coronavirus shutdown - come on Spotify, we're you not working on Social Listening?

joshuafrichards

https://www.jqbx.fm/ does exactly what you're asking for, as far as I can tell.

alesssawyer

@joshuafrichards 
ah! thank you..! 
this is exactly what & all i need. ❤️ 
it would be easier it spotify installed one so you didn't have to switch between apps, but this'll absolutely do for now! thank you again!