Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Social] Real Time "Listen with Friend(s)"

There ought to be a feature where I can click on a friend and listen in real time to whatever they're listening to, not just their playlist. If they change songs, my Spotify changes with them. 

With this feature, a person could remotely DJ if they wanted, or you could just know that you and a friend are hearing the same thing at the same time. 

Updated on 2020-08-04

Hi everyone!

We're happy to announce that this feature has now been implemented.

You now have the option to join a remote Group Session with all your friends and enjoy the same tracks simultaneously no matter how many miles apart you might be.

For more information be sure to check out our Newsroom article and our Support site page

Comments
PeterSelie

If this isn't a great way to convice people to become premium I don't know what will. I need that silent disco feature 

KenCrawford

This is almost my idea, except that some form of voice and/or text communications link needs to be established for discussion about the synced playback content. Links to various platforms, such as phone, fb msngr, or messaging app to simplify this connection for the user...very similar to a "share" feature. Settings for each synced account can include info from "contacts" to automate the connection. Also there is the option of using onboard chat or voice connection thru Spotify's own servers. 

zanegeiser

I am super in with being able to listen to what my friends are listening to, in sync. I have a good many friends who live far away, and it would be so sweet for me to be able to hear the same thing as any of them. A way to connect while still being able to work on whatever. I think this would be a massively marketable feature.

I need this to be implemented!

meahtenoha
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Hey everyone, we wanted to check in to let you know we're continuing to bring this feedback to our teams. This is one of the biggest idea in the exchange and we're keeping a close eye on it. While we don't have any definite plans right now, if we have news around this feature we'll let you know. Thanks!

pixeleddanny

Hey guys, how many of you want this for the desktop client?

andrewallen97

I'd like it for both mobile and desktop. I use both platforms pretty often.

pixeleddanny

There's liyo and lisn for mobile, but nothing really for desktop.

So if a bunch of you guys want to listen with friends on Mac I will put more effort into heartbeat.

Bodysoulspirit

Lisn works great for me on iOS ! www.lisn.xyz

Bodysoulspirit

@pixeleddanny am trying your Heartbeat app for macOS and so far it works great man ! Thanks